Long press buttons in UMG

I am using UMG buttons for controls, and I need to set up single button press and 2-second press too. Is there any way to make this kind of controls with UMG?

In your button widget blueprint you can setup a flow like this to create that functionality.

Note! “On Pressed Time” is a user created float variable that you need to create by yourself.

1 Like

I updated the flow with “Greater or Equal to” instead of “Greater than”…

Hello everybody i have a question that blueprint can be connecte with the Arduino, i mean is posible to connect a botton electronics the out analogic controller the actor via serial? how can i do it? anyone knows? i new about this UE4 and i want to do someting like that , thanks !

Iı use buttons. I make android car game. But pressed buttons not continous.
I want her to go while I push. Pressed go released none. Understand ? Not working. Help me

1 Like

This solution is not going to work correctly, sadly. The get game time in seconds function is returning how long the game has currently been running and will restart at 0 when the game is re-launched. I was hopeful that function would have been a solution to this specific problem regarding getting the elapsed time of an event.

Because it’s not a full solution. It’s just a example how to detect a button press that’s longer then 2 second.
If you want to make it work then disable “Is Focusable” in the button options.

292534-isfocusable.png

1 Like

Works good!

1 Like

Do not forget turn off IS FOCUSABLE

thank you

Just found this thread while looking for the same thing. The Game Time is a nice approach, but is only checks after releasing the button if it has been pressed long enough. So when keeping it pressed, nothing would happen.

There are other solutions with a looping timer adding fractions of the second but I just found another quick solution for this:

The delay will fire after one second, but only if the button is still pressed. If the button gets released earlier, the branch will prevent it from firing.