AUAR is looking for a talented Developer to join our expanding team delivering ground-breaking experiences. Applicants will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology, creating content for global brands and be encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge, exploring and experimenting with the possibilities of AR/VR and robotics for design applications. The successful applicant will join a team of talented and passionate designers, programmers and producers building inspiring and captivating products and experiences in a friendly working environment.
An ideal candidate has a degree in a design, programming or a similarly related discipline and experience using either the Unity or Unreal game engines.
- Implementing, debugging and refining core features.
- Working effectively in a small team, and communicating with production staff, artists and other developers.
- Developing solutions that are simple to read, easy to maintain and easy for other disciplines to interact with.
- Contributing to design ideas.
- Time management, assisting in the planning of projects through task estimation.
Must have skills
- Good programming skills in C# or C++
- Development experience within the Unity Engine or Unreal Engine.
- Understanding of OOP, design patterns and software engineering.
- The ability to write clear, maintainable, modular and portable code.
- Strong affinity with vector and matrix math.
- The ability to learn new skills and to keep up to date with front-end development
- Strong problem solving ability; the ability to adapt to challenges through self-driven education and experimentation.
Nice to have skills
Proficiency in shader programming and an understanding of the graphics pipeline.
Experience with VR/AR hardware, software and content.
Experience in programming of industrial robots.
This is a part time role for a grant-funded project for 3 days a week from 14 February 2020 until 31 July 2020 with possibility for it to turn into a permanent role. Pay is commensurate to experience.
We offer flexible working arrangements and significant opportunity for professional development in a fast-growing company and mentoring. Candidates must be based in London. Some light travel between Bristol and London is required.
This post is for a start of 14 February 2020.
Please email Cover Letter, CV and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org