LogWindows: Error: appError called: Assertion failed: Linker

Hi,

I have these errors whenever opening the map and packaging the game.

I have tried fixing by 1) compiling each file, 2) using Fix Up Directors on each file, and lastly, 3) creating a new project, and migrating all the BPs, but the same errors appear. I have also tried searching UE forums and Googled them. I think it is related to Struc or Gameplay Tag.

Many thanks.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: appError called: Assertion failed: Linker [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp] [Line: 2152]
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: begin: stack for UAT
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error:
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: Linker [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp] [Line: 2152]
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdf97e27e2 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdf980d225 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdf980b918 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdf980beb6 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdbc873924 UnrealEditor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdbc873b6c UnrealEditor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdbc886712 UnrealEditor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdbc8b2903 UnrealEditor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdbc8b1e97 UnrealEditor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdbc59fe50 UnrealEditor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdbc55f323 UnrealEditor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffdbc57dc6f UnrealEditor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff763e0733f UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff763dfcfb6 UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff763dfd37a UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff763e00854 UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff763e16984 UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff763e18eb6 UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffe5278257d KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: end: stack for UAT

I am having the same issue. Version 5.3.2 while trying to cook development windows server.

Okay, I actually figured this out for myself. If you go to [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectGlobals.cpp] [Line: 2152] you’ll see the issue is with a nullptr for Linker. If you’re running through VS, you can hit a breakpoint there showing the error as well while validating assets. Unfortunately, this isn’t very specific but it means somewhere in your project, something is corrupted.

I finally found one template file for some UI blueprints that I have was causing the entire issue. It would hit the breakpoint while validating. After deleting the file, I cooked the windows server build successfully.

Had the same issue. I downloaded plugin that compiles all of the blueprints one after another, but everything compiled properly, so I had to make a lot of copies of my project and progreslivly delete parts of it:

• first i deleted all c++ content in cpp file (i filled functions that returned sth with place holders, ex. when it would do sth and return false or true, i deleted all the code and just returnet allways false). Then when i compiled, and coocked again, the same error was still there, so it wasynt for c++ files
  • next i deleted all the meshes, textures and materials, also didnt help
  • finally i deleted all the blueprints, and it helped
    so i knew that in blueprints there was a problem. Then i deleted parts of blueprints, starting from all the widgets. When there was some reference to deleted thing, i just deleted all the code reffering to it ( my goal wasnt to keep my copy of project working, only to cook it finally). I was lucky this time, bcs problem was in my widgets folder. After inspection i saw that my widgets were duplicated (for ex. widget WB_Options was in folder menu and the other folder called menu_pages). The problem was that WB_Options in one folder was different then another folder. So i beeded to delete all the duplicated widgets. It occured that some of widgets that was deleted were used in widgets that werent deleted, so i needed to replace them.

So the reason was duplicated blueprints in different folders, which content wasnt the same