Logout Loop In Chrome... Yet again

For a while I was convinced that I had some extension installed (I have only 3) in Chrome that was causing some odd bug throughout the various Unreal-related sites. The forums here, the marketplace, the learning portal, etc.

I’ll be logged in. Click a link, which is totally normal, no strange hashes or anything like that. Then a loop happens with an automatic redirect where my login is invalidated. Here is my bookmark for the Unreal Engine Marketplace:

And here is the URL loop that kicks in when I follow this bookmark:

https://www.unrealengine.com/id/logout?redirectUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.unrealengine.com%2Fmarketplace%2Fen-US%2Fstore

This was happening about a month or so ago, and whoever handles the web voodoo fixed it apparently. Well, this bug is back. I know it’s not on my end; As I did previously, I disabled all my extensions, cleared cache, cookies, etc. Hell, I even re-installed Chrome and raw Chromium. Same issue persists.

If I hop over to Firefox, Edge, Brave, etc. everything is fine. Not sure what the deal is there, but I managed to catch this single warning in the developer console during the loop:

Manifest: property 'start_url' ignored, should be same origin as document.

So far I’ve only encountered this in Chrome, and there have been a few updates since the previous time this issue arose. Could be a Chrome issue, or perhaps someone let the hamsters loose in the web code again?

I can confirm this is now happening in Firefox as well I posted on here yesterday about but no reply yet.

I can confirm this is still happening, from the epicgames main page to online learning page, even once in this form. Got logged out after I logged in some other tab one minute ago, infinite refreshing Epic Games

Same issue for me. I’m using Brave browser

yeah same issue here - endless chrome tab retries ends up with: “Epic Games
and also got this when I went into dev console to troubleshoot:
window.addEventListenerC’load", functionO {
const container =
document. querySelectorC’#captcha-
containetl;
CaptchaScript.renderCaptcha(container,
async (voucher) { await
Cha IlengeScript.sub mitCaptcha(vou cher);
window.location.reload(true); O. l; l);

and in dev console:

1. Audit usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform

2. A page or script is accessing at least one of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform. Starting in Chrome 101, the amount of information available in the User Agent string will be reduced.

To fix this issue, replace the usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform with feature detection, progressive enhancement, or migrate to navigator.userAgentData.

Note that for performance reasons, only the first access to one of the properties is shown.

1. AFFECTED RESOURCES
1. 1 source

1. content-script-utils.js:1

Please fix

Clearing cookies from using the following seems to work:
see:
Delete specific cookies
Delete cookies from a site
1. On your computer, open Chrome.
2. At the top right, click More

Settings.
3. Click Privacy and security 

Cookies and other site data.
4. Click See all cookies and site data.
5. At the top right, search for the website's name.
6. To the right of the site, click Remove .

From https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop#zippy=%2Cdelete-cookies-from-a-site

chrome://settings/siteData?searchSubpage=www.unrealengine.com

3 Likes

Thanks!
That saved my day, got me back into the learning portal.
Amazing that you can get logged out mid course and then end up in endless reloads when trying to continue…

1 Like

Save my life! Thanks bro!

Thanks! This did the trick for me just now!

epic please fix this!
we shouldn’t have to constantly delete cookies to not get stuck in a forced logout loop D:
wasn’t even trying to logout…