LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: No game present to join for session (GameSession)

I’m getting a bunch of errors in my log and it’s stopping anything from happening ingame… This is from joining with 2 players and a dedicated server with PIE.

Anyone got any ideas? I swear it wasn’t doing this before :frowning:

LogWorld: Bringing World /Game/Maps/UEDPIE_3_PlayPen.PlayPen up for play (max tick rate 0) at 2020.01.17-00.02.00
LogWorld: Bringing up level for play took: 0.000433
LogLoad: Took 0.056065 seconds to LoadMap(/Game/Maps/UEDPIE_1_PlayPen)
LogNet: Client netspeed is 10000
LogNet: Join request: /Game/Maps/PlayPen?Name=DESKTOP-CTQL30I-D4C31BA848EE89032EFDBBB6D26C0DE8?SplitscreenCount=1
**LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: No game present to join for session (GameSession)**
LogNet: Join succeeded: DESKTOP-CTQL30I-D4C3
LogNet: Client netspeed is 10000
LogNet: Join request: /Game/Maps/PlayPen?Name=DESKTOP-CTQL30I-1B86F8DC4BF835C091479F9D200ED37D?SplitscreenCount=1
**LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: No game present to join for session (GameSession)**
LogNet: Join succeeded: DESKTOP-CTQL30I-1B86
LogTemp: Warning: OnRep_SkillName fired without ActiveSkill
**LogNet: Warning: UNetDriver::ProcessRemoteFunction: No owning connection for actor BP_BaseCharacter_C_1. Function ServerUpdateActiveSkillName will not be processed.
LogNet: Warning: UNetDriver::ProcessRemoteFunction: No owning connection for actor BP_BaseCharacter_C_1. Function ServerModifyPlayerFuel will not be processed.
LogNet: Warning: UNetDriver::ProcessRemoteFunction: No owning connection for actor BP_BaseCharacter_C_1. Function ServerUpdateActiveSkillName will not be processed.
LogNet: Warning: UNetDriver::ProcessRemoteFunction: No owning connection for actor BP_BaseCharacter_C_1. Function ServerModifyPlayerFuel will not be processed.
LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: No game present to join for session (GameSession)
LogOnlineSession: Warning: OSS: No game present to join for session (GameSession)**

Is the project itself just corrupt? I feel like I should just transfer everything over to a fresh one at this point :frowning:

No need to clear anything. PIE has many restrictions when testing network/sessions, you should create two bat files, one for a server and one for a client and start them separatly.

I just recently went to 4.26.1 and I am now seeing these errors. However, I am running just fine. I am doing the same as you except for 3 players. I have overridden RestartPlayer in my subclassed GameMode recently and was thinking that was the trigger for these errors, but seeing your report I am not leaning that way now.

I searched the engine for “No game present to join for session” and it comes from listing below. Nothing I am explicitly using.

I would focus on your “No owning connection errors”.

Code File Line Column
UE_LOG_ONLINE_SESSION(Warning, TEXT(“No game present to join for session (%s)”), *SessionName.ToString()); E:\UE4Source\Engine\Plugins\Online\OnlineSubsystemTencent\Source\Private\OnlineSessionTencentRail.cpp 774 40
UE_LOG_ONLINE_SESSION(Warning, TEXT(“No game present to join for session (%s)”), *SessionName.ToString()); E:\UE4Source\Engine\Plugins\Online\OnlineSubsystemSteam\Source\Private\OnlineSessionInterfaceSteam.cpp 1469 40
UE_LOG_ONLINE_SESSION(Warning, TEXT(“No game present to join for session (%s)”), *SessionName.ToString()); E:\UE4Source\Engine\Plugins\Online\OnlineSubsystemNull\Source\Private\OnlineSessionInterfaceNull.cpp 900 40

2 Likes

This warnig is generated when you join an EOS session without overriding the variable ‘FName SessionName’ of the class AGameSession. so when the function RegisterPlayer is called after a Join, the parameter SessionName passed by the class to this function is None and so this function return a non success state. make sure to override the variable value before calling join function. here an example:
In RegisterPlayer override function

// Override RegisterPlayer function
void AEOSgameSession::RegisterPlayer(APlayerController* NewPlayer, const FUniqueNetIdRepl& UniqueId, bool bWasFromInvite)
{

Super::RegisterPlayer(NewPlayer, UniqueId, bWasFromInvite);
	SessionName =aSessionName; // override SessionName value
       //... your logic when a player registered...
}