LogLinux: Warning: MessageBox: Cannot find a compatible Vulkan device that supports surface presentation

Hi I’ve finally built from the 5.0.0 prerelease on Linux. Worked great. Editor fails though with the following errors:

LogVulkanRHI: Display: Requested PixelFormat 18 not supported by this swapchain! Falling back to supported swapchain format...
LogLinux: Warning: MessageBox: Cannot find a compatible Vulkan device that supports surface presentation.

Running latest NVidia 465.31 drivers with latest Fedora 34 and a Quadro RTX 4000 which otherwise functions perfectly. 2x20 Xeon threads, 256GB RAM. VulkanInfo seems to support surface presentation: ==========VULKANINFO==========Vulkan Instance Version: 1.2.162Inst - Pastebin.com

Anybody find a workaround for this?
Thanks

Welcome to unreal forums.

pixelformat 18 support is not an issue. Cause for the second log warning should be further looked at.
What you have given is vulkaninfo log and not the engine crash log. I am not able to know the exact issue without the complete engine error log.
Got from Vukaninfo that you have 2 gpu on the system.

I have a test machine with fedora and 465 drivers running UE5-EA fine

Try these

Was nvidia drivers installed with proper grub config and without any commandline arguments.
Test if vulkan is working properly by running a native vulkan game on nvidia gpu or install a native vulkan benchmark for linux like Gravitymark from tellusim.com (vetran game engine developer).
Could you also try using the engine on your amd polaris gpu, with AMD proprietary drivers (not RADV that you are using)
If it still does not work please link/post the complete crash log

Were you able to resolve this issue?

Hello sorry I didn’t notice this thread. Yes I got past this by removing the secondary AMD GPU. I had too many issues with mixed GPUs.

@BoeroBoy How do you remove the second AMD GPU? I am running 2x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 and I am experiencing this exact issue.

I have a solution. You need to tell UE to use a specific graphics card.

i.e.

./UnrealEditor -graphicsadapter=1