"LockRotation" seems not to work causing objects to get stuck

This video should speak for itself

CCD is on both objects.

Hello Jarbles,

I was unable to reproduce the issue you are experiencing, I have a couple of questions to help narrow down your issue.

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a new project?
  2. If so could you provide a detailed list of steps so that I can reproduce your issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide more information about what you mean by “LockRotation”?

Thanks!

Open a fresh “2d platform” example project. Create a new pawn that is character controlled with a base component that is a cube object. Give it a relatively high “add force” tied to “input axis” to create simple movement. Apply CCD to all objects and simulate physics. Under the physics section of the details tab there are check-boxes which restrict rotation/movement along certain axis called “lock position” and “lock rotation”. You have to lock Y rotation to simulate 2D, and then lock all 3 of the rotation axis. Then ram it back and forth like demonstrated in the video to see how it can get stuck in walls and knock itself out of its rotational limiters.

Anyways It’s not a problem for my game, but I assume this is not how the engine is intended to work and might cause problems outside of just 2D situations.

I was still unable to reproduce your issue, could you send a project for me to reproduce this issue on? You can message me privately on the forums at:

Thanks!

Hello Jarbles,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.