I am using the 4.7 Preview release and following the build a scene tutorial, I have the viewport locked to the point light.
The problem is, when locked, the F key does not focus into a selected mesh(dloes nothing). Although when unlocking the viewport, the F key works as expected.
Is there something I am missing?
I am unclear as to what exactly you are trying to achieve. I have a few questions to help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- When you say that you lock the viewport, do you mean that you lock the camera in place, that you lock the mouse to viewport, or something else?
- What exactly do you have the ‘F’ key doing?
- Can you provide a screen shot of the blueprints that are involved in your issue?
- Can you reproduce this in a clean project?
- If so, can you provide an accurate set of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
When the Camera/Scene viewport is locked onto a lamp.
Focusing on the selected Actor in the scene.
It’s not a blueprint, its when navigating the scene viewport.
I will check this when I get some time(I have been using 4.6 for the last week or so).
I will let you know.
So to reiterate, when I had the Camera locked to the light like in the tutorial with Zach(Building a Scene), trying to use the F key to focus around the selected actor wasn’t working. But unlocking the Camera from the light, the F key focus around the Actor worked again.
I was able to reproduce your issue on my end. I have written up a report ( UE-7376) and I have submitted it to the developers for further review. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your information and time.
Make it a great day