Lock / Lockpick Component

Hey everyone!

Epic have approved this system and it is going to be on the market on 9th march.

I can confirm that this is a fantastic system. Here’s Klepto’s implementation of it. We’ve made some modifications to use this system in 3D space, a necessity for us to use it with VR. Thanks again, AlFlakky!

Wow, that’s really awesome!

I’m happy to see, that someone made something cool with one my systems :slight_smile: Good luck with your project!

Hello guys!

System is out now and available to buy!

Looks great @NobleSpoon!

I’m doing a VR game myself, though set in a medieval/fantasy setting. What all did you have to do to set it up this way? I was imagining using it in a very similar way.

Process was pretty easy. First I disconnected all the UMG related nodes and disabled the character movement lock. I then added the type of lock as a child component to our existing door system and had the unlock event connected with our own (pretty much a copy/paste from the sample door BPs included with the system). For the spawning of the lockpicking system I am using the world location of the static mesh door lock from our door system. I also added a trigger volume in our door system to exit lockpicking attempt by just walking away.

Really important step for VR usage, completely delete all 2D render components from the lock studio. Those are only needed for the 2D visualization and they have a big performance hit which is typically fine for non-VR but less so for VR projects.

I’m probably forgetting some things but if you run into trouble, feel free to PM me (or the seller ;P).

Awesome, thanks man :smiley:

Any chance of 4.9 support down the road?

Hello. I’ll try to convert it for 4.9 today. I’ll let you know, if will be able to do this.

Perfect, thanks a lot!

Glad you liked it!

god work i think i will add it to my game project…

How do i get this working in my own project? when i press E on the door i get the lock on screen but its all gray and there is no texture

Hello!

Go to 3D Studio > Assets, open some material and check if there are errors on Texture Sample’s. If there are any, than you propaply did migration wrong.
You should use migration tool to copy all the assets inside you project.

i created a project with from the lockpick and it works fine but if i create a new map i get the same problem… it only seems to display properly on the example map

I found the problem, if you have an Exponetial Height fog in the map then the lock does not display properly, any way around this?

To fix that problem, open “Lock” asset and find Show3DLockVizualization. In there you will need to change spawn location ti 99999, not -99999.

http://s1.uploadpics.ru/images/ZktrzHN_xW.png

This looks sweet! My project is in 4.11. WIll this be compatible with it soon?

Hi! It should work in 4.11 without any issues.

Picked this pack up. You are correct, it works in 4.11. This is pretty nice. Lots of potential. If my game is top down and not first person, what would you suggest as the best way to activate the mini game without hitting “E”? I tried a collision event, but it seemed to run very very slow, but it technically worked. I’m guessing there’s something in the interface event but it’s read only and I haven’t figured out how to fully engage it. Again, nice work!