Location Toolkit

Fen, how is the tracker component told what geolocation (Lat/Long) the actor is at? I want to place an actor, attach this component, tell the component that this actor is at Lat/Long/Elevation, then have it set that for reference when spawning new actors from a Lat/Long.

Should I set this in the Last Known Location default values for this component? Can this component tell the “location engine” that this UE4 world location is the specified real-world geolocation Lat/Long, and have new Lat/Long information supplied by Datatable be compared relative to this actor’s world location and placed in the world?

Location Toolkit: September 22, 2019 Update
Hello,
Location Toolkit for Unreal Engine 4.23.0 is now available in the Epic Games marketplace and launcher. Enjoy!

This version sees the following updates:

• Unreal Engine version 4.23.0 compatibility.
  • Minor improvements and bug fixes.

Feel free to reach out for questions or support at [EMAIL=“cerise.software@gmail.com”]cerise.software@gmail.com
Thank you for being an awesome community,
Fen

Location Toolkit: January 15, 2020 Update
Hello,
Location Toolkit for Unreal Engine 4.24 is now available in the Epic Games marketplace and launcher. Enjoy!

This version sees the following updates:

• Unreal Engine version 4.24.1 compatibility.
  • Minor improvements and bug fixes.

Feel free to reach out for questions or support at [EMAIL=“cerise.software@gmail.com”]cerise.software@gmail.com
Thank you for being an awesome community,
Fen

Hi, i cant find any documentation on how to use location toolkit to find the location of my mobile device. Which blueprint nodes do i use in which order?? (I’m trying to get the devices longitude and latitude and save them to a string variable)

Hello huseyin12343,

I reached out with your private message and we can continue the discussion on my support email at [EMAIL=“cerise.software@gmail.com”]cerise.software@gmail.com for more details. For those who may have similar question in the future:

1. To get started with the kit, you can find some very useful and general information on the wiki at A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums (although outdated since the Wiki is deprecated…).
  2. For the details on the nodes, an easy way is to review the L_DemoMobile level which contain a small set of examples, of course the L_Overview map contains more examples.
  3. Finally the blueprint for standard GPS is BP_GeoLocationEngine. You merely add it and use. The interface is concise.

Thank you!
Fen

Hello Location Toolkit Users,

I would like to get your inputs, requests, recommendations for improving, increasing, expanding the macro library of the kit.
What would make your life easier? What are you missing? What did you have to build yourself that you would like to have standardized?

I will be making a number of improvements and additions for the next updates however I would value any and all feedback. If you prefer to send feedback in private, you can always message me or use my support email: cerise.software@gmail.com

For reference, the current macro inventory follows.

Thank you for your awesome projects with the kit!
Fen

Thank you for the feedback and questions you have sent us!

The macro collection shown in the post above has now grown by 35%. The collection has been extended and completed. Note that the localization support (language local) has been significantly improved and standardized which should simplify projects in languages other than English.

Note that the latest 4.24 and upcoming 4.25 Unreal Engine versions will see mobile support improvements as such we will be updating the demonstration applications on the Google Android Play store and we will be providing an updated version of the kit on the marketplace.

Upcoming improvements include but not limited to improved location blueprint API and more data representation examples (hot topic from many of you!). If you have any specific feature request, or any question, do not hesitate to send us a message at cerise.software@gmail.com.

Best,
Fen

The Android mobile demonstration application has been updated on the Google Android Play store with the latest Unreal Engine version 4.24.2. This was a major internal update with 64-bit only support, Android SDK API update, and some size optimization which led to a 50% APK size decrease. As a consequence some older devices may not receive the update.

Stay tuned for the upcoming improvements in the marketplace noted above and thank you for the feedback and questions you have sent us! If you have any specific feature request, or any question, do not hesitate to send us a message at [EMAIL=“cerise.software@gmail.com”]cerise.software@gmail.com.

Best,
Fen

If you are using the location plugins for the mobile platforms, remember you can configure some of the platform specific parameters in your project settings!

Advanced platform parameters are configured through platform manifests and you can find more information for those on the Android and iOS development guides from Google and Apple. If you have any specific feature request, or any question, do not hesitate to send us a message at [EMAIL=“cerise.software@gmail.com”]cerise.software@gmail.com.

Thank you,
Fen

An updated version of the Location Toolkit pack has been updated in the Marketplace with the following improvements:

• Unreal Engine version 4.24.2 refresh update.
  • Improved and allowed internationalization of all strings.
  • Standardized, extended existing, and added new macros. An example: random location within ranges.
  • Updated and refreshed the mobile Android application demonstration.
  • Various minor improvements, naming, and documentations.

We have noted requested improvements and are working to provide more in upcoming versions. If you have any feature requests, or any questions, do not hesitate to send us a message at [EMAIL=“cerise.software@gmail.com”]cerise.software@gmail.com and let us know!

Thank you,
Fen

The next update for the kit is under development with requested editor functionality, more/better location related static meshes, and further location related support. Stay tuned for a release announcement. Here’s a screenshot for now:

If you have any feature requests, or any questions, do not hesitate to send us a message at [EMAIL=“cerise.software@gmail.com”]cerise.software@gmail.com and let us know!

Thank you,
Fen

An updated version of the Location Toolkit pack has been updated in the Marketplace with the following improvements:

• Unreal Engine version 4.24.3 refresh update.
  • Two new location pin static meshes: barrel and heavy bottom.
  • Add an editor ticker utility actor that will be used for in editor workflows.
  • Remesh of most static meshes to improve appearance while optimizing complexity and lightmaps sizes and densities.
  • Standardize various asset names for more intuitive usage of the kit.

We have received more requests for improvements and additions. We are working to provide more in upcoming versions. If you have any feature requests, or any questions, do not hesitate to send us a message at [EMAIL=“cerise.software@gmail.com”]cerise.software@gmail.com and let us know!

Thank you,
Fen

Hi,
Do you have your documentation somewhere else now that the wiki is gone? It’d be really good to have a look at it before jumping in.

Hi @Spoondog
Thanks for the query. I do not have another documentation location at the moment. Do you have a recommendation of a place that worked for you? I would like to update the documentation.

Maybe it is just best to use a Google Doc, then it’s accessible from anywhere and at least you can link to it from your product page and in your first post in this thread :slight_smile:

Thank you @Spoondog,

I’ve sought several options but in the end I chose to go with a Google Doc document converted to a PDF. Since the Unreal Wiki is really gone, I unearthed my last backup of the wiki. I’ll complete the transition with proper formatting, pictures, videos, and missing updates within the next few days. Meanwhile you can get a preview here: Location Toolkit Documentation

Please let me know of any question in the meantime,
Fen

Thank you - I look forward to trying this.

Google doc is a safe choice for now. It is disappointing that you didn’t get given more notice about the wiki shutting down completely (or an opportunity to migrate to the archived version)? I hope you can salvage all your images.

Indeed, a notice of removal would have been nice…
I do understand the wiki was removed for security reasons. I do hope we will get the option in the future to curate content hosted by Epic for our marketplace assets.
I have all my archives and it was the opportunity to refresh the documentation content. All in all there not much loss but an annoyance for you guys.
If you have any feature requests, or any questions, do not hesitate to send me a message at [EMAIL=“cerise.software@gmail.com”]cerise.software@gmail.com!
Fen

A quick update: I’ll be releasing a toolkit update for 4.25 and with its new features soon.

Thank you,
Fen

• Updated to 4.25.0.
  • Updated landscape blueprint demonstration.
  • Documentation refactored following the Unreal Engine wiki disappearance.
  • Various minor documentation and asset organization improvements.

More details in the documentation.

We have received more requests for improvements and additions. We are working to provide them in upcoming versions. If you have any feature requests, or any questions, do not hesitate to send us a message at [EMAIL=“cerise.software@gmail.com”]cerise.software@gmail.com and let us know!

Thank you,
Fen