Location Toolkit

Location Toolkit: March 3, 2018 Update
PluginIcon128.pngHello,
I am pleased to announce the upcoming release of Magnetic Field Toolkit plugin. Integrate magnetometer sensor support to your Android projects. Companion textures, materials, static meshes, and blueprints themed on magnetic field. Magnetometer compatible with Android mobile platforms. Content compatible with all other platforms. Code plugin and content pack. This related plugin will be submitted to the Marketplace shortly. Subscribe to this post to receive the latest news.
Enjoy,
Fen

Location Toolkit: March 24, 2018 Update
Hello,
I am pleased to announce the upcoming 4.19 version update for the Location Toolkit marketplace pack. It will be available in the upcoming days upon Epic Games’ review and approval. Some additional highlights for this version:

• Separated the presentation pack, part of the kit, free.
  • Improved the presentation quality.
  • Updated mobile demo: interactive, ux, and aesthetics.
  • Minor bug fixes.

I hope this pack continues to be useful to you. Feel free to contact me with any feature request or queries. There is also the documentation.
Fen

Location Toolkit: March 28, 2018 Update
As promised, the Location Toolkit pack support for Unreal Engine 4.19 version is **now available! **Enjoy!

Hi i just purchased your Blueprints, thanks it really looks good! i have a very important question for my project.
If i add your project to mine, the project is getting too big. I only want to display a dot where i am at the moment. Using the phone GPS. The maps itself, i have allready. So i would like to have the dot on my own maps. But how can i export your project as small as possible only having this feature?
And one more question: how i can change the settings. I have now gps markers in a worldscale. I would like it to see it if i move lets say 1m or 5meters!
best regards robert

Hello robert/wontonanimalchin and thank you for reaching out. I am glad to hear the kit is useful for your project.

• About the project size, there are a few strategies to reduce it: You can delete the parts of the project you don’t use (you can always add them again later). Alternatively you can migrate only the necessary parts to your project. For phone GPS coordinates, the only thing you really need is the “BP_GeoLocationEngine” asset. Obviously it will migrate over a couple interface and a small blueprint library.
  • About the accuracy and refresh rate of the position marker, you should tweak the “LocationUpdateFrequency” and the “LocationDistanceFilter” which by default are set to 5 seconds and 10 meters. You could reduce them to a smaller distance or time. See the screenshot below for the variables.

Hope this helps! And let me know if there is anything else I can do for you with the kit. You can also reach me out at [EMAIL=“cerise.software@gmail.com”]cerise.software@gmail.com if you want! :slight_smile:
Fen

thanks man, thats good info! I have been trying a couple of things. But somehow i make a mistake because my plan is not really working out. I cannot get my own texture (map) displayed with the GPS marker of the template on top of it. I have a old map (see attachment) and the only thing i would like is to display this map and the marker on top of it. But i see no really good way to do this. I can georeference the map (do i have to) , but i am not sure i have to do this. And still my gps marker doesnt actually move when i wlak outside. It stays at the location as if it moves only when i will move by plane :slight_smile: Not only changing the “LocationDistanceFilter” will work i guess? I need to zoom in probably:rolleyes:
As you can see, this kind of template is new to me, but it cannot be too hard!

cheers robert

Hello Robert,
From the look of it you may be missing the the geo location engine and its attachment to the map itself, probably in your level blueprint. You may have to scale the coordinates for your usage though. Hard to say from the screenshots.

Location Toolkit: April 18, 2018 Update
Hello,
A quick update on recent additional development for the Location Toolkit pack. The next version to be released will see at least the following updates:

• Migrated and tested to 4.19.1.
  • A demo published for iOS.
  • Various minor improvements and fixes.

There is a backlog of features and improvements that will also get added. More on that later. If you guys have a need for a specific feature or want an area/theme/topic to receive more focus, you know what to do, just contact me as many of you have done so far.
Keep rocking!
Fen

Hi, I am highly interested in this project but I was wondering if geo-fencing would be possible with it since it is what I would need right now.
Thank you, keep it up!
edit: and is it possible to have the direction the phone is pointing at?

Hello @IdeaThing and thank you so much for reaching out!
Geo-fencing is definitely possible as all of the necessary information is available. However I haven’t yet provided a demo for it in the overview map. I will add such a demo on how to setup geo-fencing in the next update.
With respect to the direction of the phone, yes it is possible, you should checkout a similar question by @vle07 on the magnetic field toolkit thread in which I highlight an update for the next version.
It’s great to hear your enthusiasm, it is a great source of motivation! Thanks!
Fen

Location Toolkit: August 7, 2018 Update
Hello,
Location Toolkit for Unreal Engine 4.20 is now available in the Epic Games marketplace and launcher. Enjoy!

This version sees the following updates:

• Various improvements to the pack assets.
  • Usability improvements to the Android demo.
  • Various minor fixes and improvements.

Feel free to reach out for questions or support at [EMAIL=“cerise.software@gmail.com”]cerise.software@gmail.com
Thank you for being an awesome community,
Fen

Location Toolkit: November 20, 2018 Update
Hello,
Location Toolkit for Unreal Engine 4.21 is now available in the Epic Games marketplace and launcher. Enjoy!

• Unreal Engine version 4.21 compatibility.

Feel free to reach out for questions or support at [EMAIL=“cerise.software@gmail.com”]cerise.software@gmail.com
Fen

Hello Location Toolkit users,
Are some of you going to GDC or GTC next week in California? If you are, shoot me a private message or email and, we can connect IRL! I’d love to hear or see what you guys have all cooked up with the kits! I heard some pretty crazy rumors!
Thank you for being you!
Fen

Location Toolkit: April 13, 2019 Update
Hello,
Location Toolkit for Unreal Engine 4.22 is now available in the Epic Games marketplace and launcher. Enjoy!

• Unreal Engine version 4.22 compatibility.

Fen

How can I use a globe Earth Map from this toolkit as an AR element and animate from one location to another? I need to place in the latitude and longitude somewhere

Hello BORDEBORDEMAN,
Checkout the ToRotator() macros. They will allow you to rotate the globe or the item around the globe. Plug them in on the Tick() of your blueprint. That should do the trick.
Sorry for the delay, I must have missed this notification, feel free to directly reach out to cerise.software@gmail.com for for further details.

Location Toolkit: May 20, 2019 Update

Hello,

Some of you reported an issue with the toolkit: the overview blueprint partially functional and the location rotators incorrect. The issue was due to a packaging error and is now resolved for 4.22.1. Older versions will be updated over the next few days. As usual, feel free to comment or reach out directly.

• Unreal Engine version 4.22.1 compatibility.
  • Fix packaging bug in overview level blueprint.
  • Fix packaging bug in overview ToRotatorOrbit/Planet() macros.

Fen

@F3NR1S

How would I go about spoofing a real world location in my level?

I want to specify an actor (or actors) with a XYZ that correspond to real world Lat/Long/Altitude, and then have things spawn into the world based on the relative distance to this “marker” from a Datatable with Lat/Long, and Elevations, among other things.

How would I go about doing that?

Hello PA VR,

You can use the BP_TrackerLocationEngine blueprint component to automatically track and convert your coordinates. Add this component to the actor you want to track in lat/long/altitude coordinates. Initialize the world half-longitude and the maximum altitude corresponding to your UE world coordinates. At the heart of this blueprint is the macro “ToLocationServiceData (from WorldData)” which does the coordinate conversion.

Here’s one suggested operation flow for your problem: 1: decide your map scale (e.g. 1000x500), 2: setup your marker (fixed?)(e.g. with half-longitude = 250 in this example), 3: read your data table info, 4: convert the spawn coordinates from lat/long/alt to xyz (reverse the conversion, see ProcessUpdatedLocation implementation in the BP_PlanarMap for example), 5: spawn actor.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything,
Fen

Working on it now, will update with any problems/success. Thanks! That should get me going.