Location of UE4.exe to bypass the Launcher

Does anyone know in which subfolder to find it?
There are like hundreds of them.
The Launcher downloads stuff everytime I enter it. I actually disconnect WLAN everytime with a few mouse clicks before entering it to just be able to go straight to my project without the wait time to download stuff for the thousands time.
Unity does not do it. I mean, What are they downloading every single time??

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4editor.exe

It will open the editor and open the launcher afterwards… Don’t think you can get away with it man! If it downloads stuff, it’s probably useful updates!

or… you go directly to your project folder and open it from there, for example :

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Myproject.uproject

It will still open the launcher but it will be in the background, you can ignore it and start working immediately.

2 Likes

useful updates…me not think so…even when i close it and open it a few secs later it downloads stuff again. probably just spyware.

Launcher should not download stuff after each launch so I recommend to post it as a bug in Feedback section, rather than witchunting for a spyware :stuck_out_tongue:

well, what would you make of it? I actually got into the habit of switching off my WiFi before launching UE4. The Launcher is like a sniffing dog or something. The moment it smells some internet connection you are going to sit there and wait. Just right now: it picked up a scent and I was blessed with a 130MB download…another update! What if my connection is slow? Please ask before downloading!!!

As I said - this is weird, because I had only one update yesterday and nothing more. I even relaunched editor just to be sure that there is no more updates. I think it redownloaded yesterday’s update for some reason

Yeah, it was posted after my message and I’m glad that MaZi1 posted this in the thread :slight_smile:

Well, I also tend to open the editor via click on the project and closing the launcher before it can fully open.

Although what I found out (by accident), when I wasnt connected to the internet when I launched, I choose “go offline”.
And since then, even I am connected to the internet, the launcher starts and asks for my credentials. So I have all the time in the world to close it.

Mostly I see those big launcher “updates” when new stuff is being added to the market place or learning tab…

Maybe the easiest way is to rename the launcher’s exe file name.