Local Multiplayer

Hi, I’m trying to make a local multiplayer game, Mario Kart 8 style. I want to have slots in character selection screen that associate to a single gamepad, select a character, pass it through GameInstance and open another level with those players.
The problem I’m running into, is in the way I’m handling the problem.
Currently, I spawn 3 more local players in the menu, each one gets automatically assigned to a controller, I select my characters and then, delete the local players that didn’t join the match (In character selection). It works well, except when I try to join a match with only the Second Player, (I assume it has something to do with deleting the first local controller).
In the Ideal case, it would be grate to have slots in the Selection Screen, which get filled with everyplayer that joins, being them able to disconnect and reconnect to order themselves. Also, how do I implement a solution in which the keyboard can be left unjoined, while a controller takes it place; It seems like every problem could be solved with a gamepad manager to switch them in the PlayerController

Also, I’m currently using 5.0.3. 5.1 seemed to fail with the creation of local players and the node works just fine in this version

Hi there @Hcax1. Hope you’re well!

This topic has been moved from International to Programming & Scripting: Blueprint.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

Thanks and happy developing! :slight_smile: