(Local MultiPlayer Game) How can I make player 2 use a different character blueprint?

I have 2 players in my game but they both use the same blueprint and the same mesh. like so.

I want player 2 to have a different mesh. I’m guessing I have to use a different blueprint for the second player right?? how can I tell player 2 to use a different character blueprint?

I imagne they select the pg on a previous map (like main menu or lobby).
If that’s the case, you can use travel parameters (say, like “MyMap?Game=MyProject.MyGameClass?PG1=MyPgClass?PG2=OtherPGClass”)

You have to mess a little bit with the travel URL (in creation to set the parameters, and to read them when the new GameMode is initialized), but it is quite powerful.

Hello, unfortunately I’m such a noob that I don’t even know whether your talking about c++ or blue print. If you can put it in simpler step by step terms I think I could understand. Thanks.

This so this is my attempt to solve the problem, but it’s not working properly. The animation montages for the default player no longer play even though everything is firing. Here’s how I have setup, first to start with. Using create player node in my game BP, I create a second player. like so

And then in the level blueprint, using the possess node I’m able to switch player 0 and player 1 controller to 2 differen’t pawns that are on the level.like so

So Now I have 2 controllable Players with 2 different pawns/character blueprints.

This is how my animation blueprint is setup.

Everything works when nothing has been possessed but if I posses a pawn with player0 all the montages stop playing even though they are firing. but they play with player1, Any idea why the animation montages aren’t playing an how to solve it?

Hey dude, just wondering if you managed to fix this problem? I’m having the exact same issue and can’t seem to find a solution anywhere (I’ve followed a few YouTube tutorials but they make both players the same model)?

Your game looks fantastic btw! :white_heart:

Also I did not realised this thread was 7 years old oops-