Currently createing a multiplayer steam game with the use of Advanced session plugin. most of it is working but im trying to decide on how to manage parties of players
so, i dont really have an XMPP to work with the beacon stuff, and tbh i think beacons and party beacons are too complicated atm so I have the following and would appreciate some thoughts.
Here is what i have atm
- Every player when they go to the multiplayer menu is host - done
- You can invite your “steam” friends and the destroy their host and join your session - done
- on joining a friends session, im assuming you are a party so i have a struct that contains the following
- party name
- host Unique Net Id - session host
- array of party members (not host) Unique Net Id’s (clients)
with this i create a new struct - and store it in an array on the Game Instance Class replicated - done
- From here the host can “find a game” which will take them to the next lobby. Here In the next lobby, i will have 1 host, multiple clients as expected
but i need to maintain the party array from the game instance class (persistant) so your party you created is still maintained
so i figured on client connect - check if the game instance holds any party information and send it to the new host (and as host receive and manage any incoming parties)
However, im not sure if that party information will be persistant when changing hosts? does anyone have any knowledge on this, or suggestions on
how to tackle this differently/better?