Loading Screen System (Level Transitions w/ Progress)

No activity would be expected in the Fade Component at that point as it is waiting for external event calls.
Your levels seem to load correctly in your situation (otherwise, the screen would not go to the fade-out state, at all), but there seems to be a problem with setting them to visible.

While the screen is fully faded to black, levels will be set to ShouldBeVisible=true, when that is carried out by the engine and confirmed to have taken place (OnLevelShown event), the fade will be lifted. One thing I could imagine here is a bug where Unreal doesn’t call the OnLevelShown event for levels when running in the background (if that’s indeed the case for some odd reason, a workaround wouldn’t be terribly hard to implement).

The cogs, btw., are just an additional loading visualization for situations where that fade would take longer than a set number of seconds (usually caused by latent actions in custom events (with “confirmation requirements” enabled), which are bound to the OnAfterLevelShown dispatchers within the LSS).

I’ll try to reproduce this issue. Meanwhile, you could place a print string or just a Breakpoint in your level’s BeginPlay (Level Blueprint of the map being loaded) and see if it gets executed. If it doesn’t, the level never got successfully set to visible.

It would also be helpful to know what LSS events get executed in the loading chain. You can use this to print out those events:

(In the persistent level where the LSS Actor is located, with “Autoplay” disabled)

Hey Cpt. Trips,

Have you had the change to reproduce the issue i mentioned above? I had the chance to do your suggestion above and it looks like it gets stuck at “OnLevelShown”, or right before it.

Upon further investigation, I think I found another clue, but I’m not yet completely sure how it all fits. When using map settings that have more than 1 sublevel to load, it seems that all sublevels other than the first (0 index) will send confirmation.

Some context on how my levels are set up.

I have two root persistent levels, and the map settings to use is dynamically chosen based on a variable from player’s save data.
Each sublevel has it’s own map settings, with adjacent sublevels next to it listed as a sublevel in that sublevels map settings.
For example, sublevel B is next to sublevel A and C, so the map settings for sublevel B will have sublevels A and C listed as it’s sublevel, but sublevel C (and below) will not send confirmation.

I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue on my end.
Could you put together a minimalist, asset-free, blank project with just dummy levels and the config files?
To see if the issue can be reproduced in isolation from your project and save game code.

Other than that:

1. Check if the issue occurs only in the editor or also in Standalone Mode or a packaged bulld.
  2. In Editor Settings, disable “Use less CPU when in Background” and see if that has any effect.

Hello. Please, how recompile LSS Plugin for Mac?

Try this:

1. Go to your engine installation directory and find the subfolder “/Engine/Build/BatchFiles”
  2. Run this command (replace paths with your actual ones):

runuat BuildPlugin -Plugin="/PluginPath/PluginName.uplugin" -targetplatforms=Mac -Package="/path/to/save/the/packaged/plugins/" -Rocket

Hello, how to solve the problem pressing the Start button in 08_MainMenu_Map I want to insert an example from 07_ProgressBars_Map well it does not work for me (and here is the launch of the standard example 08_MainMenu_Map only with the replacement of the load level, this happens here ue4 - YouTube I’m sorry for so many problems I’m just starting my way to unreal engine.

You want to use a progress bar in example “08”, is that correct?
First, you need to install the Plugin which is necessary to read loading progress.

Here’s a video tutorial with all steps:

Plugin: Download Page

Then, select the BP_LSS_Actor in your scene and in its details make sure “Enable Loading Progress” is checked.
To show an overlay widget with a progress bar, also

1. enable “Use Default UI” and
  2. under “Default UI Widget” select “UI_LSS_Tips” (this widget has a progress bar already set up as a ready example)

Hey there!

So, we’ve been using this for a while, great tool, love it.
We’ve been using FMOD before implementing LSS however, and noticed one weird behaviour:
FMOD operates on top of UE, and during regular level change FMOD audio events don’t get flushed and are persistent.
So if a sound is playing, it will keep playing through to the new level.

After LSS, the FMOD audio also gets flushed on the level changes.
Interesting thing is that we also keep data of the FMOD event in the game instance, and that also returns empty.
Does LSS clears even instance during the loading?

When loading a level, are you using the method with the default “Open Level” node or the custom “LSS Open Level” / “LSS Load Level”?

will V2 ever come out? I just bought this on the last sale and figured out now that it is impossible to show the loading screen to a player connecting to the game.

Hey, sorry for answering late, I´m going to post some photos showing the baked lighting when loading the level without the plugin and one with the plugin. Hope you can help me. Thanks!
The first image shows the level when loaded with LSS, the second without it.

Imgur

Imgur

Hello love the system but was wondering if there are any more in depth tutorials on how to fully utilize this system. I can’t even get my main menu to load with my level and a loading screen without errors and can’t for the life of me figure it out. Like the making player a spectator works but then cant control character and if I don’t click the spectator tab then i get errors but it works lol and yes I have tried making a setting BP but like i said don’t fully understand how to use. I also have downloaded the demo play though but without being able to see how thing are connected im lost, also want to be able to use loading screen anytime i need to during game but dont see how that is done either. Any help would be gladly appreciated and is there a discord?

Hey onimike,
The demo playthrough available as an executable is just a packaged version of the asset, all those maps are there for you to explore in the editor.
There are 15 example maps in total, you can find them in “\LSS_LoadingScreenSystem\Maps”
There’s a rudimentary example of a Main Menu / Pause Menu setup - “08_MainMenu_Map”.

Anything you need to know about the config assets, you should be able to find in the demo map “15_PawnHandling_Map” or this documentation.
There’s no Discord, but if anything is unclear, just send me an email (that would be the fastest way to get in touch).

Do you mean to load a level or also just to bring up the loading screen without any level transition?

If this problem still persists, would you be able to set up a test project where this issue occurs and send me a link by email?

Hey Qamata,

If you follow the method shown in video 3 of the Tutorial Series linked on the product page, the two systems should be fully compatible without any modifications, however, if you want to make the menu map and your game level(s) sublevels of the same persistent map (see videos 1 and 2 for details), there are some changes required, which I will go into detail in the Support Thread (as the character limit here is too restrictive).If you follow the method shown in video 3 of the Tutorial Series linked on the product page, the two systems should be fully compatible without any modifications, however, if you want to make the menu map and your game level(s) sublevels of the same persistent map (see videos 1 and 2 for details), there are some changes required:

Pro Main Menu starts any level transition in a macro called “Open Level” located in the “WB_ProMainMenu” widget.
In this macro, instead of calling the function “OpenLevel” (same name, but one is a macro from the asset, the other a function of UE4) you would have to call “LSS Open Level” instead.
You will also have to close the Menu and replace the screen fade animation. See an example in the screenshot below:

Thank you very much. Your solution works like a charm 100%.
I just spotted a bug in class BP_Pixel_Ship_Player, its its an issue with UE4.25 , the Get MoveRight is not working , i have replaced it with a sum of “Get Move Right” and “Get Move Left”,

How is progress for replication? Still planned?

Heya, got your work before time, but just now started to look at it. I head that world composition is not supported? What is your intent on that? Great documentation btw :slight_smile:

When I press start on my game menu it loads back to the menu not my game leevel ?