Load the model into the scene by Blueprint in Editor Mode

Hi everyone,I want to load 100 trees in the scene,ten trees in each row and column.In editor mode,I can put them into the scene one by one,but it’s too cumbersome and I need to set the coordinates for each tree,This is a bad plan to achieve it,and it’s easy to make mistakes.
Before that, I can dynamically add models during program operation through blueprint and c++ code.The small number of models doesn’t show much impact, but when I want to generate a large number of spanning trees (more than 100000), the program starts very slowly.So I want to find a way to automatic loading tree model during editor mode.Does anyone else has someway to solve it?
Thanks.

1 Like

You should be able to create 100,000 aligned ISM’s with a blueprint but it will take a fair amount of time - but not too much, I had a blueprint generating millions on an older machine and it was only about 20-30 seconds.

Whether you can render 100,000 trees is another matter though. You will need to have a quite close billboard, Impostors may be a bit too GPU hungry but could be worth trying.

1 Like

Is it created after the program runs?

1 Like

A procedural generator works executing the logic in the ‘construction script’ inside the blueprint. That means you can see the results in editor mode.

2 Likes

Yes. (I think that 20-30 seconds was actually when created by a foliage material - it was a few years ago.) But creating them from blueprint construction after the program runs works in a similar way.

where is it?

1 Like

Any blueprint that adds objects to the level, executing from construction script. HOW TO MAKE A PROCEDURAL SPAWN ON GROUND SYSTEM| UE4 - YouTube

1 Like

I’m in China now and can’t open YouTobe.[cry.jpg]

1 Like

Search for tutorials about procedural generator blueprints and that might help you.

2 Likes