Download

Load meshes into an array.

Hi. I’m literally just starting with Python in UE and without the usual wealth of searchable answers it’s easy to hit a brick wall right away.

I’m trying to load all static meshes in a project folder into an array inside a blueprint.

If anyone has any pointers on this i’d love to hear about it, and maybe it’ll serve as a good starting point to others in a similar situation.

Cheers!

This example shows loading all static meshes in a project folder: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Editor/Scripting-and-Automating-the-Editor/Editor-Scripting-How-Tos/Setting-up-Collision-Properties-in-Blueprints-and-Python

I’m not sure exactly what you’re trying to do regarding putting them into a Blueprint, and I’m not sure if it’s possible. But I’d love to hear if you’re able to solve it.

Thanks for that. I saw this page but didn’t see the buttons to show you how it works in Python (it was on blueprints).

I’ve got a folder full of 70 3d objects which make up a font. I’m making a 3d character generator.

I actually managed to do this by dragging all the meshes into a random BP and using a node to list all components, grab the static mesh name and store them in an array - then, during simulate, I could copy the array in the editor and paste it when I was out of simulate.

I really want to start using Python for stuff but as with most things, you only open up the toolbox when the need requires it.

Thanks.