Load function doesn't load the array saved in savegame file

I’ve been running up against this problem for days now. I got the game saving the array of pawns (AquariumPawnArray) like it should. When I press load it finds the file and goes true. However, the output of the AquariumPawnArray and LoadedAquariumPawnArray shows the correct number of elements (indicated by the Print String[hello] at the end, but doesn’t show the array elements name. What am I missing?

This is from the Pawns.sav:

GVAS ø ˜Ü- ++UE4+Release-4.12 "ÕTœ¾O&¨Fa!”Ђ´a ä2Ø°
O‰·~Ϭ¢Jý6 (CÆáSM,¢†Žl£Œ½d <Á^7ûHäð„ µ~q*& íh°äéB”ôÚ1¢A»F. ?tüÏ€D°Cß‘“s µI+°éD »·2£äR \䤵I¡YÄ@ŧîß~T É1È9ÜGæZœDš|Ž> 3eðx˜Oêëê„´¹¢Z¹Ì 81fàCM-'Ï €Z©Vi Ÿ‹øüJuˆÙ|¦)½:8 LçZ{LpÒ˜WX©Z*! i)×ÝKÖ¨d❄8Á< ðT¹ÖMbɱyN§Â¡Ž HëÔÃLµAÞ˜¥“Él\ ³Ü}Ž»GÚ€¢FÓŸöM˜“ ½ýµ.M¬ó6Ú¥“3 MCpITqi›i‡å°ß ½2þªL•S%^j¶ÝÑ2 Žá¯#XNáLRÂa·¾S¹ †øyUL:“{ºƒ/¹ac 6z#¤ÉAêÊø¢óehX í 1aMU.£šg¯,¡Å BP_SaveGame_C AquariumPawnArray ArrayProperty \ ObjectProperty ëD¨³¢_F‡Öœ§ì£Í /Game/PuzzleBP/Maps/UEDPIE_0_PuzzleExampleMap.PuzzleExampleMap:PersistentLevel.AquariumPawn_C_2 /Game/PuzzleBP/Maps/UEDPIE_0_PuzzleExampleMap.PuzzleExampleMap:PersistentLevel.AquariumPawn_C_3 /Game/PuzzleBP/Maps/UEDPIE_0_PuzzleExampleMap.PuzzleExampleMap:PersistentLevel.AquariumPawn_C_4 /Game/PuzzleBP/Maps/UEDPIE_0_PuzzleExampleMap.PuzzleExampleMap:PersistentLevel.AquariumPawn_C_5 /Game/PuzzleBP/Maps/UEDPIE_0_PuzzleExampleMap.PuzzleExampleMap:PersistentLevel.AquariumPawn_C_6 ` /Game/PuzzleBP/Maps/UEDPIE_0_PuzzleExampleMap.PuzzleExampleMap:PersistentLevel.AquariumPawn_C_7 None

Hey man. Probably way too late on this, but I had a similar problem and google led me here. I may be wrong, but I think the “display name” that you’re trying to read out of this loaded array is not stored properly. Might be a bug.

In fact, in my experience, any attributes/variables, whatever, that live in the actors do not store when you save an array of those actors. For example, I wanted to save my grid-based map. So I saved the array of all the grids, including various attributes of the grid like its location, biome, and so on.

When I tried to load this information, it kept the LENGTH of the array (ie, how many grids I had) but not the attributes/variables stored within. None of the variables within each stored grid actor seemed to be saved. So I ended up making a seperate array that only includes what I need…like if you wanted to keep track of their display names, store an array of strings and read off from that. If you add them in the same order as your main actor pawn array, they should be lined up exactly the same way.

I may be looking at it wrong and it’s not a bug, but at least that was the workaround I found that worked for me.

Not sure if that makes any sense or even applies to this situation, but I thought I’d share my experience just in case it’s helpful.

Cheers!

hi, i too am having this problem but with buttons in a scroll box for a loading menu… when i restart my game the buttons do not populate/load, however my saved array of user widgets has the correct number of entries of saved buttons, but if i print string of object name for example to test everything returns None…what would i need to additionally save and load (for ex. you had mentioned object name) to get those saved buttons to populate?