LNK2019 errors when trying to compile PixelStreaming

Hello everyone.
I’m currently trying to figure out how to make changes to PixelStreaming.
I figured I could just move the PixelStreaming plugin from the engine plugin directory to my project’s plugin directory.
After doing that and compiling I did get an include error because the WmfMedia headers weren’t referenced correctly.

I was able to fix that by changing it to use the path Path.Combine(EngineDir, “Plugins/Media/WmfMedia/Source/WmfMedia/Private”) instead of "…/…/…/Media/WmfMedia/Source/WmfMedia/Private/"

But when I compile now I get LNK2019 errors that look like this: webrtc.lib(openssladapter.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “OPENSSL_init_crypto” in function "“public: static bool __cdecl rtc::OpenSSLAdapter::InitializeSSL(void)” (?InitializeSSL@OpenSSLAdapter@rtc@@SA_NXZ)

So my question is how do I resolve those? Am I missing something required to compile the package?

It looks like the linker doesn’t recognize something withing your function InitializeSSL.

Did you add the WmfMedia (or any other neccesary) modules to your build.cs file?

I literally dragged and dropped that plugin from the engines plugins folder into the plugin folder of my project.
The only thing I’ve changed was the one line I’ve mentioned above.
Shouldn’t it work by default that way or does that require some extra setup?
I’m out of ideas on what to try next.

you need to add the module in your *.Build.cs file, e.g.
PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[]
{“Core”, “CoreUObject”, “Engine”, …, “WmfMedia”});

Hey Lukas, did you ever find any resolution to this issue? I’m trying to do the same thing and am running into a similar issue.

I am very newer to ue4, I tried many solutions but still blocked:

1. rebuild entire source code of ue4 4.2.7, it can be success compiled, but error occured when package project.
  2. rebuild just plugin by CMD: \Engine\Build\BatchFiles>RunUAT.bat BuildPlugin -plugin=“C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.27\Engine\Plugins\Media\PixelStreaming\PixelStreaming.uplugin” -package=“D:\unreal\project\TestStream\Plugins\PixelStreaming”, which lead to LNK2019 too.
  3. add the module in your *.Build.cs file, e.g.
    PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[]
    {“Core”, “CoreUObject”, “Engine”, …, “WmfMedia”}), which is still not work.

did you finally figure out this problem? and anyone help me?

Did you find any solutions? It seems like the only way to recompile this plugin is to recompile the whole engine