Livelink Vcam wont record animations

Hello,

I’m trying to use my livelink vcam for recording in my ipad. Everytime I record my model doing an animation, the video just shows her on a tpose. It records the different camera angles and movements, but for some reason the animation is not registering. Anyone know of a fix?

I’m live streaming rokoko animations into unreal engine while I’m recording using the vcam.

Are these pre-recorded animations or are you streaming in the motion at the same time you are trying to record your vcam?

I’m streaming the motions from rokoko at the same time that im recording.
The animations are working, and i’d hit “record” but when i look at the playback she’s tposing

And your Take Recorder is setup to record the components and tracks? Are there keys plotted in the level sequence at all? Can you record properly without the presence of VCam? Does it make a difference if its spawnable or possesable? Sorry for the million questions but I have no had this happen to me before so I am trying to see what your setup is like.

No worries about the million questions.

Please be patient as I am new to UE in general, especially with recording.
I am not sure how to find the component and tracks. I recorded with full default settings. I am dependent on the vcam because I thought it’d be easier.

I notice the playback plays the animation… if the scene is still “simulating”.

Open the level sequence in Sequencer. And click down the dropdown arrows under your character. Make sure there are keyframes there. Since it plays in Simulate it sounds like there is but its odd you have to simulate to play it. That usually means there is some sort of logic somewhere that needs to run.

Try recording to a spawnable if you are not already. Something is interfering or impeding with the playback. Also double check the TR settings that it is recording all the correct bone data.

If you haven’t found this already this may be helpful.

Hello!

I’ve been experimenting with the camera and here are the things i learned.

On a normal cinecam actor, I’m able to record the scene, including livestream mocap. It’s able to record the livestream mocap and render it perfectly as it was.

With the vcam, it only records camera movements. If I stop livestreaming the mocap during render queue time, it’ll record the model at whatever pose it is at the time. It doesnt seem to “remember” animation.

Are you trying to record an animation in a level sequence with the ipad or trying to stream the motion in at the same time as recording?

i’m livestreaming the mocap into unreal engine and recording it.
It seems i can use the vcam to record normally but it wont capture the vcam movement, and vice versa. I cant seem to capture both the livestream mocap and the vcam movement.

If I record within the ipad, it doesnt record the livestream animation.
But if I use the live sequence and drag and drop the vcam, it’ll record the livestream animation but not the vcam movement.

Some clarification for the setup**

The only thing that springs to mind is maybe a port is getting used. Is there a way to change the port Rokoko is using?