LiveLink HUB

Hi, everyone! I’m having a problem I don’t understand, so I’m counting on your support and help!)
I’m using LiveLink Hub and, through Capture Manager and Mono Video Ingest, I’m applying animation to a Metahuman using a standard “boxer” clip. But I’ve run into a problem: when uploading and processing the video, the same error keeps appearing: DESKTOP-11BU5Q3 The host is currently unavailable. I’m using version 5.8, and I’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled it four times, but nothing helps. The error message is as follows: Ingest failed: Upload failed because the requested endpoint was not found (check that the ingest server is running in UE): DESKTOP-11BU5Q3 (Error code: 5)
Please help—I don’t know what to do(((

Hi @Unext_OhegaoBoy! Welcome to the Unreal Engine community!

I see you’re running into an issue with LiveLink Hub while trying to process your video with Mono Video Ingest for MetaHuman in UE 5.8.
That error message “Ingest failed: Upload failed because the requested endpoint was not found” usually pops up when LiveLink Hub can’t establish or maintain a proper connection with the ingest server running inside the Unreal Engine instance.

Reinstalling usually doesn’t fix this particular connection issue so let’s try checking a few settings:

Check LiveLink Hub Plugins & Settings in UE
Double-check that the LiveLink Hub plugin and any related LiveLink Ingest/MetaHuman Animator plugins are fully enabled in your Unreal Engine project settings

Verify Firewall & Network Permissions
Since it mentions DESKTOP-XXXX The host is currently unavailable your local Windows Firewall or antivirus might be blocking the port/endpoint LiveLink Hub uses to communicate with Unreal Engine.
Try allowing Unreal Engine and LiveLink Hub through your Windows Defender Firewall (both Private and Public networks)

Port/Host Configuration
Make sure Unreal Engine is actually open and running the target project in the background before starting the ingest process in LiveLink Hub. Also, ensure the IP/Host address configured in LiveLink Hub matches your local machine setup (“127.0.0.1” or “localhost”)

Run as Administrator
Sometimes launch permissions can prevent local host connections or server creation. Try launching both Unreal Engine 5.8 and LiveLink Hub as Administrator.

In order to troubleshoot the issue further and identify the problem source, Could you provide additional information regarding your setup?

  1. Are you running LiveLink Hub on the same PC as Unreal Engine 5.8 or are you streaming over a local network?

  2. Are you using MetaHuman Animator plugin defaults or have you customized any port settings in DefaultEngine.ini/Project Settings?

Epic Developer Documentation: Live Link · MetaHuman Animator

Video: Live Link Hub Tips | Unreal Engine Animation Hub · MetaHuman Realtime Animator Best Practices | Unreal Engine Animation Hub · Live Link Face Animation for Metahuman in Unreal Engine 5. [Step by Step Guide]