Livelink data is not streamed with switchboard ❤

Hi have a nice day!
I’m making virtual production settings following unreal engine ICVFX tutorial videos(Unreal Engine 4.27 In-Camera VFX Tutorials - YouTube) things are good exept my Livelink Camera tracking data

when i launch unreal engine project file from epic games launcher livelink data is working fine but when i launch exactly the same project file from switchboard livelink is not work

upper editor is launched from switchboard and lower one is from epic games launcher
as you can see upperone’s livelink data is not steramed properly

it should work fine like virtual camera multi user in unreal engine documentation i really don’t know why this is happening…

i did’nt even launch multi user it was just switchboard launching

HI UIreal_SDH

If I turn off the project and turn it on, is the live link stopped?

Save the live link, search for the live link in the project setting, register the saved live link as the default live link, and try to save the live link again
And make sure that the live link is maintained when you turn on the project again

Tanks for your reply RvSeok!
you talking about Livelink Preset right? i already had set up preset and livelink works fine even after restart from Epic Games Launcher.
I can pretty sure It’s not about Livelink Preset

the problem happen when i launch the project through Switchboard
even if it’s exactly the same project, Livelink Data is not streamed with switchboard

and i found the answer
you should type IP address to switchhboard’s settings → Unicast Endpoint
even if you using only local machine.

I think It is Engine’s bug
This happen only UE 4.27.2 and 5.0.2
5.03 is working fine without typing Unicast Endpoint
but still 4.27 is not updating now i hope this will fix in a future

I found the answer
you should type IP address (don’t delet the : port number )to switchhboard’s settings → **
Each and Every** devices’s Unicast Endpoint
even if you using only local machine.

Don’t edit Muti User Server’s Unicast Endpoint
(I was wrong you can edit multi user server’s unicast endpoint)

and just in case type ‘-messaging’ at the Switchboard Settings → nDisplay Setting → Extra Cmd Line Args

I think It is Engine’s bug
This happen only after UE 4.27.2 and 5.0.2
i hope this will fix in a future

2 Likes

Yes, I was talking about LiveLink Preset at first. But I’m glad I found a solution. Thank you for sharing good knowledge.

1 Like