[LIVE STREAM] 's Developer & Tutorial Streams!

You are the texture king! :slight_smile:

Mind blown, so much information. Must say was one great stream straight to the point and covered a **** load of topics. Looking forward to more.

Thanks! I’m having some uploading it to the 'tube at the moment. Going to download it for safekeeping until I figure out what’s going on.

Any information about the next stream? Whats the topic? :smiley: drools for more awesome streams

What issues exactly? My video uploaded just fine. Could it be that you are trying to upload the whole stream at once, but your
youtube account does not support longer videos? Check your Youtube account if the function “Longer Videos” has a green status
for your account. Maybe is the part where it fails :X

Still can’t get the upload to work I’m afraid, it’s available as a highlight for the time-being!

Need some ideas for my next stream, if anybody has anything… fire away!

hmm I’d like to see some stuff about Skyboxes. UE4 and classic skyboxes are some kind of… weird. So Spherical, Equirectangular, classic cubemap or 6 seperate textures. That would be nice^^

You said you’d be posting the code for the flexible MP ready camera system in C++. I’m having a hell of a time blueprinting a camera system for my game but your c++ setup is nearly perfect with some modifications, unfortunatly the stream is nearly unwatchable due to background noise and the whole changing topic half way through. Do you have the source posted somewhere? I cant find anything.

I actually redid it at a later date, I’ll post the new code here shortly. Sorry about the changing topic etc, turned out to be a lot more work than I thought at the time :wink:

EDIT: Okay scratch that, I don’t have the original code I was working on in the video anymore - I long since rewrote the entire system but it’s heavily intertwined with the rest of my game now. Pro tip though, you don’t need to use Client / Server RPC’s like I was doing before. Just override ‘SetPawn’ in the player controller and setup the camera stuff there, since it’s automatically called server and client side.

Sorry about that, a lot of that was written way back then was before I’d really got to grips with the API

Thats a shame, not going over all the enums created for the different view types and how to access its members and such is where I got stuck. It looks like agreat system, marketable even.
Thanks for hte reply though :slight_smile:

is amazing, you are doing the work of gods :stuck_out_tongue: A quick question regarding the planet scale on the material parameters. I’m making procedurally generated planets, which means they are all a different size and position and also are rotating. My question is, how can i expose the planet scale parameter in the MPC to update it with my BP? And also, what you sugest is the best way to update the lights on tick?

EDIT: Adding to the first question, what’s the relation between the Bias and the planet scale? is the Bias the same as the size of the planet?

@ I don’t see the “Getting The Most Out Of Texture Compression” video, Could you post a link?

It should still be on my twitch channel under highlights, if not it’s gone forever I’m afraid.

Twitch had an update around that time and it stopped me from downloading my video and copying over to the 'tube.

In case someone doesn’t find it: Twitch
@ could you upload it to YouTube in case Twitch does bad things? :3