Live Link XR not working in UE5?

Hey, I just wanted to check it Live Link XR was working for anyone else in Unreal Engine 5? It worked perfectly for me in Preview 1, but ever since Preview 2 I can’t get any SteamVR devices to appear as LiveLinkXR Sources. Anyways, I’ve been blocked from working on my steamVR project for a round a month now, so I’m hoping I can find a solution.

Thanks!

And the same PC 4.26 Ver everything is fine

SAME to YOU

I don’t know if this will fix it for you, but I’ve heard from others that running the game in VR mode will get Live Link XR working again. Hope that works!

You probably solved this but just in case, I fixed it by also enabling the Steam VR plugin

1 Like

Did anyone ever solve what was causing this? I am working to get a vive tracker recognized as an XR source - I was given a sample project where I can open and add a new XR source no problem, but I am trying to get it set up in my own project file. When I do that, it does not give me an option to add an XR source, only a message bus source. I have SteamVR installed and enabled in Unreal (5.0.3) and, like I said, can add it as a source in another project. What might be the issue in this case?

Having the same issues as well. I’m a bit new to UE but after a lot of looking around I can’t get steamVR or a vive tracker to be recognised at all. Tried a lot but it seems to have no workaround or solution to get it to work.

Also having the same problem here. I’ve seen countless youtube channels show it working so I believe its possible, but I’m hearing that a HMD may be fully required at the moment until 5.2 when Vive Trackers are officially supported potentially. Not trying to spread rumors, just what I heard. Any current solutions as to why this isn’t working?

Just according to your manual, I’m trying to take data from the vive sensors. In the UE version 5.2. the livelink xr does not see the device. Was it possible to find a solution to the problem? I broke my whole head in search of a solution.

1 Like

What I have found in 5.2 using openXR and the openXR vive tracker plugin:

1. The motion controllers only track in VR play mode.
  2. The motion controllers only work if they are put in a player pawn.

Hopefully that helps out! I’m definitely not stoked on OpenXR and its limitations compared to SteamVR, but I’m going to try to figure out some solutions.

1 Like

So you can not use for virtual production (tracking camera) right now? :melting_face:

Only Method for the low end VR gear like Tracker 3.0 and stuff that seems to be full proof is this from Ian Fursa

Its the only reliable way ive been able to get tracking data even into 5.2, and then you just go from there of course.

1 Like

using 5.3.2 and been experimenting a lot.

Right now, I think the biggest issue is that LiveLinkXR with steam vr only works in a package if you’re in VR mode. Epic could you make it so that LiveLinkXR continues to track things like vive trackers and index controllers etc without VR mode. You can easily test this by packaging and in the console type “stereo on” and “stereo off” to see LiveLinkXR working and then not working

Live Link Tracking Data from VR Devices - Cinematics & Media / Virtual Production - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

x-post