Live link keeps giving me compile errors on Face_animBP!

I imported a metahuman asset to use it in my project and the engine keeps getting rid of this part in the face anim blueprint for some reason:

demo of disappearing nodes:

even when i fix the nodes, the compiler thinks the nodes are broken

as you can see, even when I fix the broken links in the blueprint editor, the executable compiler thinks it is still broken, so I can’t build an executable. I can play in the editor, in a new window, and as a separate game, which makes it even more frustrating.

Here’s what the compiler says:

LogBlueprint: Error: [AssetLog] F:\Projects\Unreal\Test4\Content\MetaHumans\Common\Face\Face_AnimBP.uasset: [Compiler] In use pin  Value  no longer exists on node  GetPropertyValue . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.
LogBlueprint: Error: [AssetLog] F:\Projects\Unreal\Test4\Content\MetaHumans\Common\Face\Face_AnimBP.uasset: [Compiler] Could not find a function named "GetPropertyValue" in 'Face_AnimBP'.
Make sure 'Face_AnimBP' has been compiled for  GetPropertyValue
LogBlueprint: Error: [AssetLog] F:\Projects\Unreal\Test4\Content\MetaHumans\Common\Face\Face_AnimBP.uasset: [Compiler] In use pin  Value  no longer exists on node  GetPropertyValue . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.
LogBlueprint: Error: [AssetLog] F:\Projects\Unreal\Test4\Content\MetaHumans\Common\Face\Face_AnimBP.uasset: [Compiler] Could not find a function named "GetPropertyValue" in 'Face_AnimBP'.
LogFeaturePack: Error: Error in Feature pack C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/FeaturePacks/TP_VirtualRealityBP.upack. Failed to parse manifest: Invalid Json Token. Line: 43 Ch: 4
LogPlayLevel: Error: LogBlueprint: Error: [AssetLog] F:\Projects\Unreal\Test4\Content\MetaHumans\Common\Face\Face_AnimBP.uasset: [Compiler] In use pin  Value  no longer exists on node  GetPropertyValue . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/MetaHumans/Common/Face/Face_AnimBP.Face_AnimBP
LogPlayLevel: Error: LogBlueprint: Error: [AssetLog] F:\Projects\Unreal\Test4\Content\MetaHumans\Common\Face\Face_AnimBP.uasset: [Compiler] Could not find a function named "GetPropertyValue" in 'Face_AnimBP'.
LogPlayLevel: Error: LogBlueprint: Error: [AssetLog] F:\Projects\Unreal\Test4\Content\MetaHumans\Common\Face\Face_AnimBP.uasset: [Compiler] In use pin  Value  no longer exists on node  GetPropertyValue . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/MetaHumans/Common/Face/Face_AnimBP.Face_AnimBP
LogPlayLevel: Error: LogBlueprint: Error: [AssetLog] F:\Projects\Unreal\Test4\Content\MetaHumans\Common\Face\Face_AnimBP.uasset: [Compiler] Could not find a function named "GetPropertyValue" in 'Face_AnimBP'.
LogPlayLevel: Error: LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [AssetLog] F:\Projects\Unreal\Test4\Content\MetaHumans\Common\Face\Face_AnimBP.uasset: [Compiler] In use pin  Value  no longer exists on node  GetPropertyValue . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/MetaHumans/Common/Face/Face_AnimBP.Face_AnimBP
LogPlayLevel: Error: LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [AssetLog] F:\Projects\Unreal\Test4\Content\MetaHumans\Common\Face\Face_AnimBP.uasset: [Compiler] Could not find a function named "GetPropertyValue" in 'Face_AnimBP'.
LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: Cook failed.

I’ve been getting this error for the past week and I can’t find any clue to fix it! Can anyone help me?

mmm Maybe… Do you have Live Link plugins enabled?

Yes I do. I double checked and even tried reenabling it, and it broke my previous project file.
So I had to make a new project and the problem is still here.

Some possible solutions…

• Try to add another metahuman and see if the engine tells you to activate plugins or variables

• Download from market place the metahuman project and try to open it and play, it seems there are some files missing.

• Also you can verify the engine:

Tell me how is going!

Downloading and running the metahuman project took much longer than i expected, sorry. I’m not sure but for some reason building an executable for that one is taking way too long. I’ll have to leave it overnight or something, but the Face_animBP is fine on that project.

Adding another metahuman and verifying didn’t do anything. I think once a metahuman is added, common assets are not reimported. I guess it makes sense though…

The only part that breaks in the face anim bp is the nodes related to the live link plugin (evaluate live link frame, get property value). The live link plugin description says that it allow streaming of animated data into UE4.
Can it mean that this may be a problem of the plugin not being updated properly for UE5 yet?

I don’t think so, because I had no problems…

Also there is a new plugin “metahuman”, you can try it in your project and see…

Or to use metahuman project as a base for your project…

It seems live link is required even when I’m using the “metahuman” plugin.
Maybe I’ll just have to wait until metahumans and live link to get updated or something…

What about comparing plugins enabled in both projects?

‘live link curve debug ui’ was the only difference between the two but other than that, there were almost no differences. it was enabled in the sample project and not on mine, but enabling it didn’t make any difference

Ok, I think you do have not all the needed settings enabled,
check the config for example…

In that case, If I were you I’ll use metahuman config or use that one…

r.skincache.blendusingvertexcolorforrecomputetangents wasn’t set on my project. but adding it didn’t make a difference.
Also, thank you so much for helping me this far. It’s late(or early depending how you see it) where I’m living and I’m afraid I won’t be able to think clearly anymore right now but if you have any more suggestions, I’ll be glad to try it out later today.

The most likely cause of this error is due to the package containing the Face_AnimBP loading before the LiveLink plugins. In my case, I was using the GameplayAbilitySystem and calling InitGlobalData in the constructor of my custom UGameInstance. This resulted in a blueprint ability being loaded and the package that contained it also contained the Face_AnimBP.

The easiest way to find the root cause for your situation would be to put a breakpoint in \Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\LinkerLoad.cpp at line 3261 (UE 5.02), just before the line that logs the “VerifyImport: Failed to find script package for import object” warning, and trace through the callstack to find the culprit that is loading the package that contains your Face_AnimBP.

I would really like to try that, but I’m currently having problems with building the engine. Can you help me out if you don’t mind? Help! Can't build engine from source

You don’t need to build the engine to debug the engine source if you included the “Editor symbols for debugging” when downloading the engine. It’s a big download but easier than trying to compile the engine yourself. You can modify this option from the Epic Games Launcher in the dropdown for each engine version you have installed.

Once you have the debug symbols downloaded and your IDE configured you can launch using the Editor (DebugGame) configuration with the previously mentioned breakpoint set. This assumes that you are using a C++ project and not a pure Blueprint project.

I didn’t know that was a thing, thanks! but I have to do some other stuff from engine source anyway so I’ll stick with that for now.

Hey, I know this post is old but I face this same issue and what I did to fix it is this(works so far):

1 Like

No solution is old. You just saved me. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am having this exact issue too and I have double triple checked I have all the plugins installed, rebuilt, refreshed, my project etc. with still no luck.

Install Quixel Bridge in your Unreal engine plugins, then export a MetaHuman (low quality is fine) and the Content/MetaHumans folder will be created/refreshed.

You will then be prompted to add the following setting to your engine config:

Config/DefaultEngine.ini
[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
SkeletalMesh.UseExperimentalChunking=1