[Live Development] Auto Chess Game

Hello everyone :cool:

I’ve recently started recording the development of an **Auto-Battle **prototype game (not streaming though).

You can follow everything on this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis…ox7251JeQYw3AM.

Here’s a sneak peek at the latest progress:

The entire development phase is recorded! There are already almost 100 videos (30+ hours) available!

Development is made using Blueprints only. Game is multiplayer. Unreal Engine version is 4.22.

*/!\ Despite what I’m saying in the first few videos this is not a tutorial series, this is a live development series. This means I’m going really fast and not necessarily taking the time to explain everything. /!*

What are Auto-Battle games?

What are we developing together?
The scope of the project is to build an entire game loop, from the menu, to the multiplayer lobby (in Local Network), to ingame, to the recruitment and combat phase up until the end of the match.

We might be developing some features which are not usually found in the auto-battle genre.

Fields we’re going over

Blueprint
Multiplayer
Widgets
Animation Blueprint (Light)
Game Hierarchy
Game Development Overall
Tech Design
Ability System
Stat System
Data Traffic
Behavior Trees

Feature List

[SPOILER]Features we’ve already been through

Outgame
Main Menu, Lobby, Color Selection, Ready System, Packaging, Loading

Game System
Player Base, Actor Pool, Unit Pool, Camera Management, Phase Management, Victory, Defeat, Round History

Recruitment
Income, Shop, Bench, Purchase, Reroll, Upgrade, Promotion

Combat
Attacks, Abilities, Ability System, Stats System, Status System, Faction System

AI
Targeting System, Crowd Movement[/SPOILER]

Development Cons

[SPOILER]Listen Server | Server and clients have a slightly different experience.

**Not Cheater Proof **| Advanced users are able to cheat if the game is shipped.

**No Lag Compensation **| Clients might see things that did not happen such as a unit hitting another one (without impact on gameplay).

Local Save System | We’re using a basic way to store information and casual users are be able to temper and modify the save file.

**Full Blueprint **| We’re using only Blueprint which means we are weaker performance-wise and organization-wise.

On the fly Development | It might be boring sometimes because I might be too slow or too fast or I’m just looking for a bug for too long.

Local Network | We’re building the game for local network only, it is easy to set it up for Steam/EGS but I might not go over it.[/SPOILER]

Conclusion
There’s a Discord (Discord.io/YunCorp) if you want to enter the conversation. I’ll be following and updating this thread as well.

If you have any feedback about the videos, feel free to share.

If you’d like to hear about a particular subject or add a specific mechanic to the game, feel free to ask.

And that’s pretty much it, I hope you’re all enjoying this wonderful period of the year, whether it’d be working or with your family.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

Your discord link isn’t accessible, how can I contact you? Can you send a new link asap, thanks