Live Camera not detecting in Media Player

Hello all!

I am very much a beginner using UE so please be patient with me :slight_smile:

I have a problem I have been trying to solve for weeks by watching seemingly hours of various tutorials and many forums without success; any help will be much appreciated.

I would like to route a real camera into UE5 (version 5.0.2) for virtual production. My current setup is a BMPCC6K Pro running into my computer via HDMI into a CamLink 4K USB.

The CamLink detects the camera as OBS can see the camera and display an image with no issues. I believe UE5 can also see the CamLink as it is selectable in Media Player. Furthermore, I can change the frame rate in the camera and it will reflect in UE5.

I have also attached a link to a screen recording if that will help at all with the diagnosis.

I truly believe UE5 is the future of filmmaking and would really like to get on board, so if anyone can help me, I will be forever grateful as I am quite distraught and depressed at the moment.

Thanks so much!

1 Like

is it solved? I got a kinda same problem. Media player can see my Azure kinect but while picked not showing any camera feed (need a right decoder? I guess). Then I tried using OBS virtual camera, while having obs virtual camera started the Media player of UE5 can’t see the virtual camera–not showing in the drop down list.

To the best of my knowledge, the issue has not yet been resolved for UE5, however, some articles and videos I have seen say that previous versions of UE still function as intended.