Linux Editor error on launch

Hey guys, I cloned the latest source via github (4.7.2-release) and followed a tutorial to build it on linux (ubuntu 14.04, Nvidia 346.47 driver). That part worked out well.

Fired it up, it compiled shaders, and started going through tutorials. Somewhere along the way the editor locked up and I can’t launch it any longer. Could you help me figure out what is going on here?

I think I may have messed up a dependency somehow. I did recompile overnight, but that didn’t help. I am not sure what to do next.

Terminal output of where it goes bad:

Assertion failed: false [File:/home//UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/OpenGLDrv/Private/Linux/OpenGLLinux.cpp] [Line: 800]
Unable to dynamically load libGL: ����������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������湯
[2015.03.05-01.51.23:235] 0]LogLinux:Error: appError called: Assertion failed: Assertion failed: false [File:/home//UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/OpenGLDrv/Private/Linux/OpenGLLinux.cpp] [Line: 800]
Unable to dynamically load libGL: ???湯

Signal 11 caught.
EngineCrashHandler: Signal=11
[2015.03.05-01.51.23:339] 0]LogLinux: === Critical error: ===
Unhandled Exception: SIGSEGV: invalid attempt to access memory at address 0x00000003

[2015.03.05-01.51.23:339] 0]LogLinux: Assertion failed: Assertion failed: false [File:/home//UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/OpenGLDrv/Private/Linux/OpenGLLinux.cpp] [Line: 800]
Unable to dynamically load libGL: ???湯

Hi
I’ve got the same problem.
My temporary solution is to set an environment variable like this.

export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so
(the path to libGL.so should be your own)

cheers

You are the man! Turns out I needed to have had libGL.so in that same location as your is. I copied it to that folder and BOOM… launches :).

Not quite that easy I guess. I have to use your workaround each time I launch til its fixed. Thanks again for the help!

This is what the error message should read:

It isn’t that libGL.so.1 doesn’t exist or can’t be found. The LD_PRELOAD works because the library is loaded first, and thus doesn’t need to be loaded again.

See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14892101/cannot-load-any-more-object-with-static-tls#15027494 for the reason why the error happens.

I have threading / memory issues as well. Using Arch Linux.