Linux Dedicated Server not producing crash report

I have created a Linux dedicated server package, cross compiled from Windows, running Development with debug information included. I have enabled “Include crash reporter” in the packaging options, and I can confirm that the CrashReportClient executable and required data is included in the server package - I tested by running it manually.

The server itself works just fine under Linux, except when it crashes the crash/callstack is logged to the logfile, but no crash is uploaded to the crash server. In fact, there is nothing in the Saved/Crashes folder, no folder is created.

I think this is the main problem, what is causing the crash folder to not be created?

The linux system does produce a crashdump in the /var/lib/systemd/coredump/ folder, but this is not much use to me unless it was uploaded automatically after a crash.

The same setup work just fine as Windows server, the Crash folder is created, populated with the dmp and the log, and uploaded to the crash server.

link text

I have eventually found the problem. There is an undocumented ini parameter called bAgreeToCrashUpload which needs to be set to true in LinuxEngine.ini

If you look in LinuxAArch64Engine.ini you can see this parameter is already set to true. Copy those two lines into LinuxEngine.ini and it should start producing crash reports as expected!

1 Like

Hi, my dmp files are also dummy files of 1kb, but in my case I am mainly interested in callstack generation which happens anyway and is uploaded to my crash report server (I use BugSplat).
Can you try these 2 different options?

apt-get install -y systemd-coredump
ulimit -c unlimited

Possibly the coredumps are saved here: /var/lib/systemd/coredump
Please let us know if/how you get it working because minidmp would be useful!

1 Like

Thx, I was face on same problem
but your post helpful to me!

however, result files “minidump.dmp” file size is 1KB
and It does not have information for debugging.
I have found GenerateMiniDump function in UnixPlatformCrashContext.cpp
but It does not make dump useful. (just write Garbage data)
how can you resolve this?

Hi, I tried your suggestion and I got core dump. thank you.
I can analyze dump file with Visual Studio - [ Debug Linux core dumps in Visual Studio - C++ Team Blog ]
but this method needs SSH connection to the Linux server.
I would like to analyze in windows environment, dump file that downloaded from crash report server.
It’s so hard to searching my requirement T_T
how do you analyze core dump?

callstack was well made and complete location in breakpoint too

shooter game has such example usage for years )