[Linux] Couldn't compile unreal 4.27.2

Hi. Because I have pretty weak pc and I want to use Unreal Engine, I have to use version 4.27.2. So I have to compile it myself. I ran Setup.sh. Output was

No third party libs needed to be built locally

**********  SUCCESS ****************
Setup successful.

Then, I ran GenerateProjectFiles.sh and output was

Attempting to set up UE4 pretty printers for gdb (existing UE4Printers.py, if any, will be overwritten)...
	updated UE4Printers.py
	found necessary entries in ~/.gdbinit file, not changing it.

Setting up Unreal Engine 4 project files...

Fixing inconsistent case in filenames.
Setting up Mono
./../../../Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.csproj: error : /home/student/UnrealEngine-4.27.2-release/Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool.csproj: Input string was not in a correct format.
Cannot open assembly './../../../Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe': File or folder does not exist.

What should I do?/What I did wrong?

Hi, it happened to me too. What I did was downloading the 4.27.2 Release in a zip, but later I tried the tar.gz release, changed the commit.gitdeps.xml, substitute the one in the prject and now it works.

So if you downloaded the zip release like me, you should try:

1. Download the tar.gz release and the commit.gitdeps.xml from the Unreal repository.
  2. Overwrite the commit.gitdeps.xml file in Engine/Build/commit.gitdeps.xml
  3. Execute in a terminal ./Setup.sh
  4. If the Setup is successful, then execute ./GenerateProjectFiles.sh
  5. If the GenerateProjectFiles is succesful, then execute make

This last step threw me some warnings, like “WARNING: Exception while generating include data for HeadlessChaos: Platform Linux is not a valid platform to build. Check that the SDK is installed properly.”. Lots of them.
Later I tried to execute the make file but it gave me this error: “ERROR: Platform Linux is not a valid platform to build. Check that the SDK is installed properly.”. So I can’t guarantee you it won’t happen to you. I’m looking for solutions, because I know some people that could execute the 4th and 5th step without any problem.

I’m using Linux Manjaro btw, so I don’t know if it works in other Linux distributions.
Hope it helps!