Linux - Compilation failed

I tried to compile the engine using Kubuntu 14.04. I followed the steps at the wiki. But I got an error while running the GenerateProjectFiles.sh.

This is what I get:

Setting up Unreal Engine 4 project files...

+ xbuild Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool_Mono.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
+ xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/AutomationTool_Mono.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /tv:4.0 /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Platform=AnyCPU /p:Configuration=Development
+ xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/Scripts/AutomationScripts.Automation.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /tv:4.0 /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
+ xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/Linux/Linux.Automation.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /tv:4.0 /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
+ xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/Android/Android.Automation.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /tv:4.0 /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
+ xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/HTML5/HTML5.Automation.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /tv:4.0 /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
+ mono Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -makefile -qmakefile -cmakefile
Using gcc version '4.8' (string), 4 (major), 8 (minor), -1 (patch)

*** This version of the engine can only be compiled by clang - refusing to register the Linux toolchain.

Generating data for project indexing... 0%
UnrealBuildTool Exception: ERROR: GetPlatformToolChain: No tool chain found for Linux

Seems like your default “cc” and “c++” point at GCC, not CLang. Use update-alternatives or whatever your distro uses to switch (and if you haven’t installed clang/clang++, you need to do that, too!)

Thanks, I got it compiling.

But now I have a new issue. After starting the Editor I’m not able to read anything. Does someone know how to solve this?
See:

I checked the console output during starting the UE4Editor. I think the problem is caused by the following lines:

[2015.04.30-19.52.51:200]  0]LogSlate:Warning: Failed to load font data from '../../../Engine/Content/Editor/Slate/Fonts/Roboto-Regular.ttf'                                                                                                         
[2015.04.30-19.52.51:201]  0]LogSlate:Warning: Failed to load font data from '../../../Engine/Content/Editor/Slate/Fonts/Roboto-Bold.ttf'

The files exist. Does someone know how to solve the problem?

Hi MyFreshP

If you read this A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums carefully you will find your answer.

I had that Font problem too. That fix Yaakuro linked is the one that works, :slight_smile: