[Linux][4.8.0]UE4Editor crashes on loading (72%)

Just built UE4 from promoted branch and the editor fails to launch. Previously, on default branch, there was no problems with launching (though there were some other problems that made me try switching branch).
last console output was

[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
UE4Editor: ../../src/xcb_io.c:274: poll_for_event: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.
Przerwane (core dumped)

and here’s the crashinfo

Hey -

At what point did the editor fail for you? I was able to clone the promoted branch to my machine and run Setup.sh, GenerateProjectFiles.sh and the ‘make’ files (ShaderCompileWorker, UnrealLightmass, UnrealPak, UE4Editor) without any issues. I could then run UE4Editor which opened without a crash. Let me know if there was a step I missed or something you did differently.

Cheers

Everything built just fine (setup was asking if I want to override some files that “I modified”, there were some clang warnings about using safer functions to do things, but just this kind of things), it’s just the Editor that is failing to load.

Did you chose to override the files when Setup asked? It’s also possible that something was corrupted in the clone/build process. I would suggest trying to rebuild the branch from scratch and see if you’re still getting errors.

I chose to override them.
Now, after pull I repeat those steps but without overriding it. Editor loads fine. I’m not sure if that’s because of overriding, or new version though (Now it says 4.9.0 :o)
EDIT:
Unfortunately I’m unable to open project. The loading window gets to 100%, Editor main window pop up, but doesn’t even draw and then crashes.
and here’s the crashinfo

This was worked around by disabling the git plugin, do you have it enabled?

I have plain install, wasn’t messing with any settings. How to do it?

Make sure you have “BlacklistPlatforms” : [ “Linux” ] in GitSourceControl.uplugin. Promoted branch has it:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/blob/promoted/Engine/Plugins/Developer/GitSourceControl/GitSourceControl.uplugin