Liniear algebra and troubles with camera pan mode

I’ve made a pan mode that works well until the camera angle doesn’t change
But I can’t make it work well in the case of changing camera angles
I know this can be solved with linear algebra, I googled some formulas but I don’t know why it doesn’t work

Scheme of this issue

Angles

Do you mean you want to pan it around regardless of its initial orientation? You don’t need any math to do that, you can just adjust the local rotation.

PS: video is private.

Yes, but it doesn’t work as I want.
I opened the video, please have a look

I don’t understand what do you mean
I’m moving the camera by using setWorldLocation. Is your suggestion to use addLocalOffset or setRelativeLocation?

I made a short picture to show the issue, I hope it will be much clearer (it also you can see in the video. everything is ok until the camera was rotated

As long as you only add local rotation, you can do it, whatever the orientation of the camera is:

350896-camrot.gif

( Notice the camera isn’t flat ).

You can move the camera any way you want, but when it comes to rotating it, you need to use AddLocalRotation ( unless I’ve totally misunderstood your question ).

Found solution - setRelativeLocation, the blueprint becomes much easier than it was

Also please keep in mind the local orientation of the camera, I made an additional pan panel with no rotation and springArm+camera put under it, otherwise, when I tried to change the X & Y local coordinates of the camera itself it worked wrong

Thank you, you gave me an idea of how to solve the issue. setRelativeLocation works well