Linetrace conflicts with mouse cursor

Hi there,

I have a problem with showing the mouse and running linetrace at the same time. If the mouse is set to visible linetrace does not work, if I do not set it, works perfectly.

It is as if they are in conflict with each other.

Thanks in advance!

In what blueprint is the first screenshot?

Select the InputAction node and in the details search for ConsumeInput and untick it.

why do you use the input event twice?

Try to add the show mouse courser before the line trace in the second picture.

Both in the ThirdPersonCharacter blueprint, my mistake I badly cut the screenshot.

I tried and it didn’t work. It is as if at the click the line follows its own path and no longer the cursor: click in a point, line to the right moved by 2 inches.

You’re right, it doesn’t make much sense. I just followed two different tutorials and didn’t want to mess the linetrace which gave me a lot of trouble before it worked. I’m still a beginner to UE and I only need it for ArchViz, this is my first.

I tried to do what you advised me, as I understood it, and it didn’t work.

UPDATE

I just discovered that I asked the wrong question: it’s not a conflict problem but the linetrace is not straight forward.

I always tried if it worked without being able to see the mouse so I followed the draw debug and assumed it coincided with the mouse cursor. Now that I set the show mouse cursor I thought was because of this not that linetrace didn’t work properly.

The right question is: why doesn’t it follow the right path? What did I do wrong?

Thank you in advance!

RESOLVED:

I found the answer to my question myself: there is no way to make the linetrace follow the mouse path when the camera is set as a reference.

It was all wrong from the start. Here is the correct blueprint if someone like me wants to click on an object and interact with it and that the linetrace following the mouse path.

Thank you for your help and I apologize if I asked the wrong questions, I still have a lot to learn.