Line trace end is giving me 0,0,0

Hi everyone! Have encountered a somewhat strange issue in UE4 today. I am trying to setup a line trace for my weapon to shoot, but for some odd reason my line trace doesn’t want to work properly. The value of my trace end is 0,0,0 but for some reason when I use the same setup in my character blueprint, the line trace works properly. Here is my setup:

It’s hard to say what could be going wrong without knowing what your various variables’ values are. Have you tried debugging with drawing on the screen? Some spheres for start/end points of the trace, a line equal to its length etc.? Maybe that can give you an idea of what really is happening.

I figured it out using print strings that my variable: M16 range was simply not working. Even though I set the value of the variable to 10,000 it was still giving a value of 0 so the trace would start at 0 and end at 0. I deleted and re-made the variable and everything’s working. Maybe it was some compile issue?

you’ll have to show us then how and where you set that variable. If it’s zero, then you’re giving it that value, or never initializing it.