Limit fps

Is there a way to limit fps in uefn?

Hi EagleBro,

The best I can think of for now is disabling real-time rendering in the viewport. (Drop Down in upper left of viewport)

How does that work for you?

Maybe that’s not how I put it. At the moment I have 120 fps in uefi, I would like to limit them to 60 fps.

Ah yes, Disabling Real-time in the Viewport does not do much for me either. I assume your monitor’s refresh rate is 120hz. (Vsync on by default) So, you may scoff at gimping your refresh rate, but changing it to 60 in your display settings should make UEFN run at 60fps

This is a good example of why we are currently living in the ‘Bad old days’ of UEFN development.

In Unreal Editor (Not UEFN) there is a ‘Used Fixed Frame Rate’ option in Project settings.

In Unreal Editor there is also access to the console (tilde key), and you would be able to use the console command t.maxfps to limit framerate.

So, Until one of those two things makes their way into UEFN, I think changing your refresh rate is the only way.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice and help

This topic has been moved from Feedback & Requests to Programming & Scripting: Verse.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.