Limbo - short Unreal Engine animation

Hi!

This is a realtime short animation I created in Unreal Engine a while back.

Watch here:
https://youtu.be/wtD3i1ugaZc

Software: IClone, Reallusion Character Creator, Substance Painter, Quixel, Unreal Engine, Premiere, Audition, FL Studio, After Effects

Thanks for watching!

4 Likes

Hi @MREZo,

Hope you’re having a wonderful week so far!

Obviously, this looks insane. The lighting and fire are especially jaw-dropping, but the animations and emotion displayed in the character movement is so incredibly brilliant. Thoroughly impressive.

How long did this project take you?

1 Like

Pretty neat. I suspect this is a medieval village being ransacked by an invading force perhaps one that doesn’t agree with this medieval village’s fiefdom or such? Judging by the fact that it is raining, fires don’t spontaneously spread through medieval villages… just sayin’

In my game I’m working on the villages are modeled after Settlers II - Settlers IV in economy, yet you can move throughout the evolving dynamic self-generating world in 3rd person, acquire RPG statistics and such.

1 Like

Hi @PresumptivePanda !
Thank you so much! I’m glad you liked it. I just have to say the fire and fire-smokes are from a Marketplace pack.

The project is from a while ago, but if I remember correctly it took something around 2-3 weeks, with sound design and music.

1 Like

Hi @mrpotatohead2001 !

Thank you! yes that could be an interesting backstory!
About the rain, it’s not raining really :slight_smile: It’s just a lot of smoke in the air.

Your game sounds really cool! I would love to see it!