Lights not working in 4.7's HTML 5 packaging

I packaged the first person template for HTML 5 it worked fine…i then put a basic spotlight in and packaged it when opened in Firefox Nightly no lighting shows up…after building the lighting in and then deleting the light itself just leaving the light that’s now baked in still wont show up in Firefox as if i never put any lights at all… i say its a bug because the light is on static non movable

Hi Mshep3D,

Are you still experiencing an issue with lighting not functioning when packaging for HTML5 in recent iterations of the engine? If, so please respond to this post and let us know which version you are currently using with a few detailed repro steps.

Thanks for the feedback,

Well, I’m still experiencing this… same problem. Neither static lights work. I’m currently using 4.9.2.

I have a pawn (Hero) and attached to him I have a camera and a spotlight. Since my character is movable, so is my camera and my spotlight.

My project was entirely created on 4.9.2 and I tried to change the light to static (changing, at the same time, my camera and pawn to static), but the light was still not working.

One interesting point to comment is that I have objects with materials that have Emissive Color and their “fake light” is working, although I think the physics behind it is completely different, it seems that the problem is not with lighting stuff up.

Dynamic lighting is not supported for mobile platforms or HTML5 so the spotlight you’ve attached to your character will not be visible. As for the static lighting, I tested this with a spotlight and point light positioned in a level and they renderend correctly. -That is, leaving the light in the level and including with the final build.

To clarify, are you trying to bake the lighting into the level, delete the lights, but have the light information retained when packaging for HTML5?

yes neither baked lighting nor dynamic was working but I figured the lights had to be turned up twice as bright before packaging to show up at all in html 5

Per the initial question, you must leave the light in the level. You cannot remove the light and expect the level to retain the baked light information. As for attaching a “static” light to a character: that does not work, either. Once the character moves, the light is now moving and thus, “dynamic.” Dynamic lighting is not supported for HTML5.

If you have a static light that you are keeping in the level when packaging after building the lighting and this lighting is not showing up in the final HTML5 build, please start a new AnswerHub post, including precise repro steps, as that is a different issue than the one posted here. -Thanks