Lighting Movable door blueprint

Hello Everybody,

I’m facing an issue that i can’t fix myself and i didn’t find any post relative to this.

I have a animated door in a blueprint but when i build the lighting, the whole scene is lighted except this door which remains unlit.
I have to mention the door is in “movable” mode in the BP and my lights are set in Static and then Stationary.
None of them has an effect…
Somebody else talked about “light as if static” to be checked…but unfortunately this function is missing in 4.25.1

I’ve been looking for a solution for few days if somebody can help me i would be very grateful.

Thank you so much in advance,

The door will have dynamic lighting because it moves. There’s nothing you can do about that I’m afraid.

Also see:

Thank you so much for your help ClockWorkOcean!

I have tried with the 2 differents “Lightmaps Type” = Force Surface and Force Volumetric…None of them is working properly…

There must be a solution…i can’t imagine a static mesh to remains unlit like this in a level…
I’m sure it must have something to do with Volumetric Lightmap…

Hi!

Under lightmass settings if you go lower with Volumetric Lightmap Detail Cell Size (+ raise memory if needed) your dynamic objects get a pretty good, almost static lighting!! /your dynamic meshes can be effected by the Volumetric lightmap samples!

HI MakiGirl!

I would like to thank you 1000 times…i was dealing with the problem for the last 2 days and you brought me the solution!! I decrease the Volumetric Lightmap Cell size and it works!!

Which makes sense because the spacing of the cell size were too far and could not be accurate enough for the small size of this door.

I’m crazily happy, you made my day Makigirl…seems you are very experimented!

Thank you so much for your help ClockWorkOcean! i very appreciate!
Actually, All was about the size of Volumetric Lighmap…now it’s fixed!! :slight_smile:

HI MakiGirl!

I would like to thank you 1000 times…i was dealing with the problem for the last 2 days and you brought me the solution!! I decrease the Volumetric Lightmap Cell size and it works!!

Which makes sense because the spacing of the cell size were too far and could not be accurate enough for the small size of this door.

I’m crazily happy, you made my day Makigirl…seems you are very experimented!

Thank you so much ClockWorkOcean!
Actually it was about the Volumetric lighmap size!
All is fixed now! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome ( although I did nothing ).

I should just let MakiGirl answer these lighting questions :wink:

This is an absolute falsehood. You can force a moveable object to have static lighting by changing the lightmass type. Additionally, you can use a volumetric lightmap to light up a dynamic object with static lighting.