Hi there everyone. I’m a Lead Designer for a game development team and we are currently looking to fill a Lighting Artist and Set Dresser role immediately. Details below!
We are currently on the search for an experienced Senior level Lighting Artist / Set Dresser for an upcoming AAA MMO project being developed in Unreal Engine 4. More details about the project and start time will be shared once you contact us.
Must know Unreal Engine 4
MUST have Lighting Artist and Set Dressing portfolio pieces
Looking for Senior Level experience with shipped AAA games
The world we are building is rich, unique and beautiful. As a Lighting Artist and Set Dresser you will push the visual fidelity of the game to create stunning set pieces that use composition, light & shadow, and color to guide our player’s paths and while directing the level’s tone and history using light and props. Work with industry vets who have worked on some of the most impactful online games ever made.
- Create gorgeous visuals through real-time lighting, while considering direction and gameplay limitations
- Set Dress levels with props in conjunction with light to create beautiful and believable environments
- Collaborate with Art Director, artists, and level designers to bring the game’s visuals to life while staying within scope of task
- Produce work according to director’s vision while calling attention to any foreseeable obstacles
- Perform extensive art critiques, reviews, and iteration
- Work with art & design leads to problem solve, ensure deadlines are met, and maintain daily communication
- Balance baked lighting, dynamic, volumetric, and fog while considering performance impact
- Use props and light to organically guide players on their journeys
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
6+ years experience as Lighting Artist / Set Dresser with a shipped (or soon to be shipped) game
Environment Artist background fine too but must show plenty of Lighting work you’ve done.
Excellent understanding of lighting in video games
Eye for art composition, value, color and building memorable silhouettes
Strong working experience and understanding of Unreal Engine 4 level building and art tools
Strong working knowledge of Maya, 3DS Max, or similar 3D package - specifically in the production of lighting and light baking
Welcomes criticism and collaboration, innovating without losing sight of direction
Proficient and effective communication skills
Able to create time estimates for work given and use JIRA or similar task tracking platforms
Ability to work from home with proper hardware and software to perform work (dev kits will be provided)
*Provide portfolio with callouts to work you did in the scene
**Plus if you have MMO, AAA, and/or Remote experience
Plus if strong prop modelling
Plus if strong understanding of level design**
Send us your Resume and Portfolio to