Light source

Is it possible to somehow see the id of the object? And refer to the object through it?

Well, I suppose you could try “Movable” and see if that helps.

There may be such a thing, but why would you need it?

I have already tried portability and it did not lead to new results. I think since in the project editing mode you need to reconfigure all the objects on the scene in order to calculate the darkness, then the same thing would have to be done in the game mode.

Well, in principle, if you can select an object and refer to it with the right mouse button in the blueprint of the level, then this is not necessary. I just worked in gms before, and there most often I worked through the id of the object. I would like not to change tactics. But this is probably even more convenient.

well, could you help me with something else. Here is the Blueprint of the door, which I need to change so that glitches do not occur, when I go to the door and press and then move away from colliding with it, then for some reason it still opens and closes, and the light stops working?

Yeah, using the reference is definitely more convenient and more efficient. There are “Actor Tags” which you can use to get a sort of an ID for actors, but it’s not unique, and searching for them is expensive.

I’m not sure this will fix all the problems, but you should go into both your door blueprint and level blueprint, then select the “Enter” event, and in the Details menu set “Consume Input” to false. (Again, do it in BOTH blueprints).

With Consume Input enabled, the door could be preventing the light from receiving input and vice versa.

YES, thanks, the light is on, but the door still opens and closes wherever I am

Oh, I see it. You made a mistake in your Door blueprint on the Disable Input node. You need to break GetPlayerController from Disable Input → Target, and link it Disable Input → Player Controller.

It all worked! Great, I don’t know how to thank you, how difficult it is when you don’t know anything.

Thanks! My reward is knowing I helped. You don’t know nothing… and that last mistake is really easy to make. I actually knew how to find it because I’ve made it myself.

Everything is great, I enjoy the engine, but for some reason the main character’s sneakers glow in the dark. Exactly when he walks, even in a room where nothing is visible.