Light planning abilities

Hello There!
so far I am using Dialux for light planning. However, modeling can be tedious so I am looking for a new tool. Ideally, the new tool would not only make modeling easier (or less tedious) but also increases the quality of the raytraced rendering. I had a look on Blender, because it offers the import of eulumdat data, but for whatever reason I was not patient enough for the Blender learning curve :smiley: also, I am missing a way to measure the actual lighting in a particular area (in lux) and in my opinion the material mapping is not feasible for my purpose (the customer might be happy to have realistic rendering but the demand of time for Blender won’t be payed). Moreover, I am missing a way to move around freely in the model.

Now I am wondering if I can achieve this goal with UnrealEngine 5. The examples in the web about architectural visualisation are promising. However, can I

• import Eulumdat data?
  • measure the actual lighting in a room or particular area or rather show the distribution?
  • import dxf/dwg drawings as a background to place walls, windows, furniture and so on as given by the customer?

Looking forward to your support
Thanks in advance!

Summary

This text will be hidden

Greetings

1 Like