Light Complexity crashes engine(alt+7)

MachineId:16F079EF4C72C389627DEEA5BC6A404D
EpicAccountId:5b1c0f0efa2242eda8519953d5c79f88

Assertion failed: Colors.Num() >= 1 && Colors.Num() <= MaxNumShaderComplexityColors [File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.12+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\PostProcess\PostProcessVisualizeComplexity.cpp] [Line: 54]

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:440]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FVisualizeComplexityApplyPS::SetParameters() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\postprocessvisualizecomplexity.cpp:57]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FRCPassPostProcessVisualizeComplexity::Process() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\postprocessvisualizecomplexity.cpp:132]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FRenderingCompositionGraph::RecursivelyProcess() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\renderingcompositiongraph.cpp:656]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FRenderingCompositePassContext::Process() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\renderingcompositiongraph.cpp:211]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FPostProcessing::Process() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\postprocess\postprocessing.cpp:1981]
UE4Editor_Renderer!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:1471]
UE4Editor_Renderer!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenerendering.cpp:1931]
UE4Editor_Renderer!TGraphTask<FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::25’::EURCMacro_FDrawSceneCommand>::ExecuteTask() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:999]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:932]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:679]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:319]
UE4Editor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:440]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:74]

Hello sanford87,

I was unable to reproduce this on my end. Could you elaborate on what you were doing when you toggled the view mode?

For future reference, when bug reports that deal with crashes specifically, we have a form we ask users to try and follow to keep the information organized and speed up the reporting process.

How to Report a Bug

This will provide you with some simple instructions on what information we usually request and the format suggested. Let me know if you have further questions or need additional assistance.

Thank you,

Sorry about the lack of details.

Binary build 4.12.2
Happens 100% of the time.
Not related to construction scripts creating light (as shown in video).
Other projects using the same engine version are working.

I made a youtube video showing exactly what I’m experiencing.

It seems to be specific to my project which is bad news for me but I really appreciate you taking a look at it.

I found a bug report for your crash UE-29332, which is being investigated. I made sure to add your video and a link to this post, to the bug report, so we can have greater context as to why/how this crash is occurring in order to get a fix in place.

Once the bug has been fixed, it will be added to the list of fixed issues in an upcoming full engine or hotfix release. Let me know if you have further questions or need additional assistance.

One thing you can try, is to delete your Intermediate, Saved, and Config folders. This will reset your .ini’s to the default state and might remove the lingering information that was saved after upgrading.

Cheers,