"Life is a Rally" - Short movie in Unreal Engine

Hi everybody… I would like to share the work of my latest weekends for 2 months in the spare time from studio work… It’s rendered completely inside UE4 and conceived with a lot of custom stuff in Houdini, from procedural model workflow exchange, flips, custom exporters, VAT, Skinned Mesh exporters, DEM, a lot of stuff… Started as an R&D for automotive, we tried to do most of the stuff that you do not see in a realtime rendering, including stormy weather and so on… Hope you will enjoy, it’s an ode to all the people that even through such an hard pandemic situation, still keeps going on… Feedbacks are welcome…

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/684nYO

37 Likes

Looks great! I love the cloth being pulled off the car. Looks very nice :+1:

1 Like

I love how you managed to make the “set” look real, but something about the vehicle’s animations make it look like a prop. It’s a nice contrast. I also really liked the switch to first person and then cut to side view just as he smashes through the shed. Beautifully put together :slight_smile:

1 Like

Complimenti, davvero molto comunicativo.

Really nicely made!!

Great work :smiley:

Amazing! Sim looks great!
I like how you implemented Chaos and Niagara too :+1:

Well done! :slight_smile:

very beautiful. congrats

This looks awesome. The music and voice fits very well. Great editing.
The set up with moving road instead of the car and the story which unfolds around it is very well made. You deserves the promotion by Epic!

1 Like

nice work guys

1 Like

Bellissimo!

Thanks so much to everybody!!!
I share here a link to upcoming HEX episode from SideFX, on air tomorrow, in which I go through some of the techniques used to exchange stuff from Houdini to Unreal! Meanwhile, I’m really happy to say that “Life is a Rally” have been awarded with the FWA of the Day :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct-tCI2l428

1 Like

非常棒!

Wow fantastico. Complimenti davvero. Sono molto interessato al workflow Houdini Unreal. :fire::fire::fire:

Could you share the code ?

Hi PhilippeC, what do you mean?

A little update! I’m really proud and happy to share with you the release of a workshop in which I recreate the key shots of “Life is a Rally”, from scratch, step by step, in Houdini and Unreal Engine 5.

REBELWAY - Short Film making in Unreal Engine 5

It’s made with the amazing Rebelway academy and, most important, it’s completely free! A good way to wish to you all Merry Christmas ! :slight_smile:

When you log in the course, keep in mind that each section display one video, but if you finish the video it will go to the next. Each section features many videos.