LIFE: A Light Hearted Survival - Light RPG

Re-worked the grass collisions, now any object can affect the collision shader! Thanks to Daniel.Wenograd for the priceless information!

Hey there! I’m so glad you enjoyed the write-up, I’ll be sure to do this whenever possible on any systems we work on in the future! I always appreciate when others share their ideas/processes, it really helps me to learn, so I think it’s only fair that I do the same whenever possible!

YES ive always dreamed of that!!! Every RPG needs that! Totaly awesome! And so much sence! :smiley: Whats the point of heaving nice grass? Start on the demo! :smiley:

That’s very kind of you to share with the community, and it’s extremely appreciated. I’ve been sharing the link as much as I could :slight_smile:

A little update on the gameplay side… i have started to work on the basics of the AI and so far im really liking the EQS System… Im using it to filter Preys for Predator Animals based on Sight and Distance

https://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/55cb8e8781d3501fae86ddfc/1023x468/09929e4e2b448579cb772c6e8b930ec3/EQS%2C_Scoring_by_Distance_AND_sight.png

Eventually i want them to fullfill their needs ( hunger, thirst, energy ). As well patrol the area arround their territories and only go even further if they cant fullfill their main needs …Im getting there :slight_smile:

Working on the journal, the UI is VERY placeholder

New grass is implemented:

And forest asset building is in progress:

Done a second pass at the Journal focusing on the UI

https://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/5643808fdf35153711a51eda/1285x749/ee25706abe13218367b81f4a8ede3b62/Journal3.png

Working on the weather system

Nice to see how this is developing, such a cool concept, great job! :slight_smile:

Cloud shadows, foliage color variation have been applied.

First post is completly broken and has virus.
No but i cant see the logo anymore. :c

Ah sorry about that, its fixed now

Been working on some more varied ground clutter:

Second iteration of the weather system

Here is the result of tons of effort and dedication, the first teaser for LIFE

Huge thanks to hippowombat for his huge effort and contribution towards the trailer, as well everyone who gave the much needed feedback , enjoy

Looks fantastic! I am a huge fan of this genre and definitely keen on checking your take out on it. Good stuff to all involved :slight_smile:

Really like the art style, looks cool!

Been following this with excitement on Twitter! Looking forward to the next update :smiley:

I like your trailer :slight_smile: Nice art style! looking forward to see more of your progress

UPDATE

It’s been nearly two months since we’ve posted a proper status update here, we’ve been hard at work! You can follow our updates much more closely on our Twitter, of course.

New Features:

[SPOILER]

• Spline-based cave system, offering a hugely dynamic underground exploration experience
  • Dynamically spawned fireflies, lighting the world at night, you can catch them in a jar and use them as a portable light source
  • Lakes volumes, complete with surface foam interaction and underwater post process visuals and particle effects
  • Inverse Kinematics for location-specific interaction such as grabbing, swinging weapons/tools, etc
  • Campfire functionality including adding/burning through fuel, proper reactions to running out of fuel, base UI
  • Slope blending for cliff/boulder pieces, making meshes placed in the world feel more natural and organic
  • Locational ambient particle effects - falling leaves in forests, cottonwood/flower petals blowing by in fields, more to come
  • Dynamic lightning and thunder system, complete with player-strike location audio post processing to simulate thunder sound travel distance
  • New Spruce models with billboard LODs and Distance Field Shadowing for maximum performance and quality balance, allowing high density placement.
  • 6 New flower types with procedural cluster placement
  • Optional dynamic depth of field
  • Optional volumetric lighting (simulated)

[/SPOILER]

More to come, starter area is close to completion, meaning an early access release is getting closer!

Screens: