Lidar Point Cloud Plugin - imported cloud colors

Hi,

I am new to Unreal Engine. Trying to import a point cloud with the LIDAR point cloud plugin. It does appear, but when I import a .e57 file the colors of the points are messed up for some reason. When I try to import a .pts file (same point cloud), the colors are fine. I’ve successfully imported the .e57 file in many applications without any issue, so I can’t imagine that there is an issue with the file itself. Here is what the colors look like when importing the .pts file (what they should be):

Here is how the same equipment looks when importing it from the .e57 file:

I would prefer to use the .e57 files since they are much smaller. Can anyone please help?

1 Like

I have the same problem. Unreal Engine 5.1 with Lidar point cloud plugin turned on. It happens on blank template, without any changes to the default settings.

It looks like Unreal simply misteakes red value for blue one, but I am not a programist so I can not confirm that assumption.

However, in my case importing as pts doesn’t work. it only changes the colours :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same problem here, did you found a solution? Getting weird blue colours

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem. Anyone solved it?

Hi,
I used Cloud Compare to load my .e57 file and saved it as .las and imported the .las file into UE5.3 and the colors are fixed.

1 Like

converting it to .las worked in UE5.2, but its crashing again and again.
Does anyone know what is the maz size of the file we can work with?
i need to import multiple pcd.