libUE4.so too big

i have trouble with re-size my APK
i use blacklist and use compressed pak file.
and i check unrealpak.exe - list, and my contents are well compressed. (and i can handle it)

but why my libUE4.so = 100mb???
what is in this huge boulder?

development version, only etc2 package, not include additional plugins from default.

help me!!!

110533-so+big.png

Hey ,

• Which platform are you packaging for?
  • Is your solution file only large once you blacklist?
  • Are you testing this out in a source or binary build?
  • Is this being tested in 4.13.1?

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

I tested with blank project - no stater contents.

My blank APK(etc2) size is 50mb. is this normal? (I think so huge…)

1. android (ETC2 only. not multi)
  2. yes. i use blacklist. include my list
  3. launcher version 4.13.1
  4. development packaging.

Including my blacklist. does i miss something?

[link text][1]

111676-pakblacklist-development.txt (1.03 KB)

and shipping with blacklist is 40MB.

111680-shipping.png

When I package for Android using the mobile, 2D/3D settings for the project, a blank project is only 38,531 KB so approx. 38.5MB. When I add in the pak blacklisting, it doesn’t change the size of the KB on a blank project. Is this only happening on Shipping or does it happen on Development as well? Where are you adding your blacklisting files to?

Thanks!

It needs to go into the Build/Android folder, so you’ll have to create the Android folder before packaging.

yes. it’s in Build/Android folder. 1.png

No, you’re putting it in the Build/Android_ETC2 folder. You need to create an Android folder and put the files in there.

Thanks!

yes. it’s in build/android too.

You can’t exclude libUE4.so from your project. It’s the engine which is used to run your game. You can exclude whatever else you need to though and it’ll not be included in the packaged version and it’ll make your APK smaller in size.

Thanks!

This is not helpful. My libUE4.so is 166mb. which make my simple project whole lot bigger. At least tell us what contents so we may try to remove unnecessary things from it.

I think this needs more attention. How UE turns a 22,4MB content, into a 336 app (only using widgets no game and etc)
image_print2