Level streaming - load sublevel of sublevel?

I have a master persistent level with a bunch of sublevels that I stream in and out. These sublevels, if I open them in the editor, show up as persistent and have their own sublevels attached.

But when I stream in a sublevel from my main persistent level, the sublevel’s sublevel does not load, even though itare marked as ‘initially loaded’ and ‘initially visible’. How can I make sure the sublevel’s children are loaded when I stream it in?

Root (persistent) level
    Sublevel 01 (streaming, loads on demand)
       Sub-sublevel (does not load)
   Sublevel 02 (streaming, loads on demand)
1 Like

I’m also interested. according to this apparently in ue4 there’s no support for it.

fortnite seems to have done something but the link is dead.

apparently you can make it work by loading the sublevel in the parent level’s blueprint. by loading on begin play.
eg. the sublevel01 level blueprint load the its own sublevel.
i couldnt make it work though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/comments/dcri4f/comment/f2b0973/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

bsabiston Op · 3 yr. ago

I just got it to work, actually. Like I read somewhere, you can manually stream in the sub-sub levels in the BeginPlay event of your sublevel. So, in my example, an object in SubLevel A calls LoadStreamLevel on Sub-Sublevel 1. Seems to work ok.

I could only made this work by having the sub-sub-level to load as a sublevel on the main level. (defeats the purpose).

There’s also this technique, apparently one of the examples could be used to load a level that is not already loaded. or instancing (it only works if the level is not already added to levels tool window)

or maybe this one