Level Stream doors

Ok I’m losing my mind. I have tried both these videos to get doors to work and neither works properly.

and

the second one works for single levels but my system is a persistant level and i load and unload the streamed submaps.

basically what i want is for the doors I open with a trigger box to stay open. So if i return to a previous map any door i opened stays open.

can anyone help with this? (pref with a few images since im slightly dyslexic and catch on quicker when i see the solution)
thanks

I made you a small project. You can get it from:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qF5W19h6WEeASenrs9XxYWfyheNKuAJt

Take a look at the map before you play it, there are two cubes ( doors ). They have a overlap volume which will raise them when you walk into it. There is also two larger level streaming volumes. The left hand one loads level1, right hand one level2. ( The levels also unload when you leave the volume ).

You can see when you walk up to either cube, it will ‘open’. Unless you have streamed that level before, in which case, it just sets itself to ‘open’ from the game instance. IE, it remembers it’s state from before.

Tell me how you get on…

Thanks mate this could be just what i need.
How would i go about saving this? which variables? should the save/load be done on the sub level bp or the persistent level bp?

Just unzip it and open the project, it’s all in there…

I did, but once i stop the “game” it all resets again, how would i save once it comes back on again?

It’s exactly the same except you have to save the info in the ‘save game’ instead of the game instance.

Works in exactly the same way, except the save game stays on the computer ready for next time they play…

thats what i want, so when the game quits you can load it up and everything remains how it was, but cant figure out where the save goes, tried it last night and it didnt work lol

I will change this little project to work that way, gimme 1/2 hr…

thanks mate i appreciate it :slight_smile:

Here you go…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14MwEC7wbtJwS-rIPX7i87DZC4DEdLVPR/view?usp=sharing

thanks mate, i’ll test this now, could be exactly what i need :slight_smile:

it works!! huge thanks mate. After all the loooong tutorials i watched you made this simple and easy. And even helped me learn i dont need to save everything on the level blueprints lol

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m just gonna post some of the BP and stuff here for others…

Sorry to be a pest but when one door is opened all the doors are marked as open. Does this need to new blueprint for each door?
I’m attempting to set up an array for it, am i anywhere close?

All this code was contained with the cube BP, there was no other code:

If you’ve come here looking for answers about game instance and save game, I recommend:

and

No problem. You have to do it just like all other BP code. You’ll notice you only have one bool there in the save game, so you can only save information about one door. If you want an array to save info on all doors, you need to have an array of bools in the save game.

Then you can use this kind of loop to load the start positions for all doors ( I’m assuming you’re doing this from the level BP ).

But you don’t have to use a loop in the level BP. If you put an int variable on each door, it can know which index of the bool array it needs to load from. Each door can still load it’s own bool in it’s on beginplay.

( If you don’t get it, just say, wont take a moment to mod the project )

But wont changing the bool on the save game to an array change all the ones on the door blueprint aswell? making the save and load functions not aork :frowning:

You just have to re-write the little bit in the cube that reads the bool.

You can do it with the level BP, up to you…

lol now my brain is mush again, if branches dont work with arrays how can i set it to react properly? I bet im not even askin this right now lol i feel like a dunce

this is what im lookin at on the door bp, cant think what to add to connect em lol